The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 29, 2015, 06:15 AM   #1
FrankenMauser

Components/press ... trade?

I have an essentially brand new Lyman T-Mag II turret press that just collects dust. I bought it last year, mounted it in about February, loaded 20 rounds of .223 Rem and five rounds of .475 Tremor, and haven't touched it since. I don't know why, but I just don't like it for some reason.

I've been thinking about replacing it with a Lee Pro-1000 or Load Master, to moderately increase the production rate for .223 Rem and 6x45mm.

Anybody interested in a trade?
It's complete (w/ original accessories), and comes in the original box.

Also....
I bought a bunch of .17 caliber bullets, thinking that I would build an AR-15 in .17 Remington or .17-223. It didn't happen, and there's no point in holding on to these bullets for 20+ years until I get bored enough to try .17 caliber again.
I have 1,000 Hornady 20 gr V-Maxes, still shrink-wrapped in 500-count bricks. There's another 800-900 older Hornady bullets, comprised of 25 gr SPs and 25 gr HPs.

Any interest? Trade / sale / exchange...

Things that could be of interest to me at the moment:
.475" bullets
Barnes, Swift, or Woodleigh bullets - .224, .243, .277, .308, .311/.312, .358, .429/.430, and .474/.475.
Brass tumbler.
Bullet molds.
Lead pot (classic or bottom pour).
Large propane burners and/or raw iron or stainless steel water-tight pans suitable for boiling a long gun.

I know this looks like a classified, smells like a classified, and reads like a classified. But, it really isn't; or, well, maybe, I guess....
I'm just tired of this stuff collecting dust (there's more than just the .17 cal bullets and the T-Mag), but I'd rather get something useful in trade, than haggle over a cash price.