The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 24, 2006, 11:19 PM   #1
scpatterson

Crossbow info

I have decided to buy a crossbow for next years archery season. I have looked at abunch. Anyone know of a website or such that has reviews on different brands-models. I have searched but not all that interent friendly...
Old December 27, 2006, 12:08 PM   #2
Capp35

Check your local regulations!

In Texas you are not allowed to use one in archery season, unless you have an offical written form filled out by your doctor saying you are handicaped.
Old December 27, 2006, 12:34 PM   #3
Clayfish

try archerytalk.com and just as Capp35 said, check your local regs. They are completely legal in GA now.
Old December 27, 2006, 02:34 PM   #4
Wild Bill Bucks

Just like scopes on muzzle-loaders, I'm sure eventually they will become legal where-ever archery is permitted. If you want quality, look for a Parker. Lots of cross bows on Bass Pro or Cabelas site, but Parker has them beat when it comes to customer satisfaction. (this is just my opinion,based on my own experience with some of the cross-bows offered by Bass Pro and Cabelas.)
Most all of them will shoot, but be sure to check out the weight. Some of them can get pretty heavy on a long hunt. I prefer a compound for deer hunting, but I like my cross bow for hogs. It seems to be easier to handle in the brush, and quicker to sight in a hurry.