The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 22, 2014, 05:16 PM   #1
Don'tkillbill

Chinese Copy of an Ithaca 37 YL-12

Just got the YL12 shotgun from Canada Ammo its a cool little gun. I was looking for an Ithaca shorty for my collection this will hold me over until I can get a 60's one. The action is very as smooth the only hiccup was the user

Anyway after a few hundred shells I will have a better idea of how well it works and do a review.

http://youtu.be/yoXrqTYEb2Q

Can you guys in the US buy Chinese shotguns? This is pretty much a Steven's 350 as well.

Snapshot 1 (21-10-2014 8-09 PM) by Don'tkillbill, on Flickr

Last edited by Don'tkillbill; October 22, 2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old October 22, 2014, 11:17 PM   #2
Nickel Plated

Looks nice, though I'd rather save my pennies for a real Ithaca personally.
We can buy Chinese shotguns here in the states. Plenty of those around. Including the Stevens 350 which is another Ithaca clone with ghost ring sights and a ridiculous drop on the stock.
Wonder if Norinco makes those as well and lets Savage/Stevens import them.
If you look on the barrel lug. The Norinco you got and the Stevens have almost the exact same shape and profile to the lug, which is very slightly different from the real Ithacas. That similarity is what makes me think they're both made by Norinco.
Old October 23, 2014, 04:56 AM   #3
Don'tkillbill

I do think you are correct. They must be made in the same factory. I picked this up cheap because of a promotion it came with 25 slugs and 25 buckshot. I tried to get an Ithaca but up hear they command 400+ dollars and I wanted and then if I got a good deal I would have had to chopped the barrel down and get a beaded sight.