The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 18, 2010, 12:29 PM   #26
M4Sherman

This story has cause a decent debate around Memphis lately because of how the law was changed sometime ago. apparently the Memphis PD takes in about 4k+ guns per year and roughly half are sold or traded while the others are destroyed.

Last night I heard a story on one of the local radios about a dude that had a family heirloom stolen and used in a murder that he could not get the PD to return and had to watch it be melted down
Old March 18, 2010, 02:40 PM   #27
Bill DeShivs

Memphis PD won't return a stolen gun to it's owner without PROOF the gun belongs to them. Proof is a bill of sale showing the SN. You can report it stolen without a bill of sale, but you can't get it back. Typical liberal thinking.
Old March 30, 2010, 08:38 AM   #28
taskmaster76

Does GA allow this?

Just wondering if there is a specific mandate in GA or if it was left up to jurisdictions. I support the idea that it's just property and should be able to be sold legally if possible to reduce the net cost of law enforcement on the public or to provide for additional law enforcement services or positions.

Destroying an inanimate object serves no purpose and other than being a politically charged subject cars kill more people than guns on a regular basis and my department auctions those all the time.