The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 19, 2014, 09:12 PM   #1
joe-lumber

Auto ordnance 38 super

My brother has an Auto Ordnance 38 Super 1911 and it has one magazine. My question is will most 38 super mags work in the gun? The one mag holds the slide back on empty but two other mags that came with it don't keep the slide back as I believe they are damaged. I have't shot with it but the one time my brother shot with it must not have gotten to battery properly because it busted the bullet and parts of the shell came back on his face. Thinking of purchasing it but if it will not go to battery then something is wrong with it?
J
Old March 19, 2014, 09:28 PM   #2
KyJim

The mags should be interchangeable, though some 1911s may not like certain kinds/brands of mags.

Quote:
I have't shot with it but the one time my brother shot with it must not have gotten to battery properly because it busted the bullet and parts of the shell came back on his face. Thinking of purchasing it but if it will not go to battery then something is wrong with it?
J
Yes.
Old March 19, 2014, 11:59 PM   #3
gyvel

If it is an Auto Ordnance made by Numrich in West Hurley, NY, I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. Having had the opportunity to work on some of the West Hurley guns in the 80s, I found the steel used in their construction to be extremely soft.