The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 29, 2005, 11:00 PM   #1
MatchGrade

870P Forend

Picking up my 870P tomorrow and the only thing that bothers me is the dinky forend (speedfeed). The LE catalog has a nice looking forend on page 9 while the others on page 10 are dinky like mine. Vang has an 870P on the site and it has the good one. Can someone help me find out how to get the good one?
Old September 29, 2005, 11:13 PM   #2
AAshooter

the good one is made by Surefire and has an integrated light.
Old September 29, 2005, 11:30 PM   #3
MatchGrade

This is the forend I would like. Who makes this and what is it called?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d2_1.JPG.jpg (20.4 KB, 100 views)
Old September 30, 2005, 12:02 AM   #4
Dfariswheel

The fore end in your picture is the standard Remington synthetic Police fore end.

You can buy new ones from Remington.
http://www.remington.com/default

Look under Support for Parts.

The part number is: 106560
It's listed as: Fore end, 12 ga Rem Pol Syn (Short FE).

Which translates to Fore End, 12 Gauge, Remington Police Synthetic, (Short Fore End).

Prince is $26.00.

This is a really good fore end. It's made of hellishly tough black fiber reinforced nylon, has good gripping grooves, and is shaped with a "trough" on both sides to provide a good grip.
Old September 30, 2005, 08:31 PM   #5
Nnobby45

My first shotgun came with the SureFire fore-end and I really liked the bulk--it really has something to grab hold of.

Then, I sent my Wingmaster to Wilson to have it built to Border Patrol specs, and I too was concerned about the "dinky" SpeedFeed fore-end. I even asked Wilson if they had a bigger one. They didn't.

My fears were unfounded. I can fire every bit as fast as I can with the fuller SureFire, and my hand never slips . I even tested 3" Federal slugs rapid fire--whoaa! Hand stayed there, worked fine. Looks like SpeedFeed knew what they were doing, afterall.

Just don't try to confine your thumb and fingers to the smaller indented portion. Grab ahold of the whole forend.

If you've already tried one, and you don't like it, then proceed with rounding up another one. I liked a Combat fore-end by Remington, I saw. But, if you haven't actually tried it, you might be surprised. Bet you'd like it fine.