The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 17, 2008, 08:45 AM   #26
MADISON

Hornady LNL AP questions:

Answers:
#1 Hornady Projector
#2 Just change the SHELLPLATE and the DIES
#3 Yes
#4 3 pistol dies, Powder Measure and a crimp die.
Old December 17, 2008, 05:05 PM   #27
studerp

According to Hornady

The new design started shipping to suppliers in November, this is also the reason for everyone being on backorder according to Hornady. Just talked to them day before yesterday.

Midsouth has "low stock" every now and then if you keep an eye on it, no idea if it is the new design or not but according to Hornady it should be.
Old December 18, 2008, 01:18 PM   #28
shooter313

Just a word of caution, "Natchez has stock right at the moment. I'd call to make sure its the new style and not a return of one of the old ones..."
I ordered mine in late october or very early november from them and I was sent the old model. A couple of weeks later I heard about the new one, and read on line that some people were already getting them from other dealers.
So the older ones are still out there, and SOME dealers are still selling them. So be sure to check on what you are buying, NOW that you KNOW they have changed the design.
Old December 22, 2008, 01:45 PM   #29
studerp

Just as an update, I just recieved my LNL today, I ordered it from Midsouth on one of the days that I caught it with "low stock" and it is the new version with the EZJect system, even has a picture on the box pointing out that very feature
Old December 22, 2008, 06:26 PM   #30
cgaengineer

Tells us how it works...I am excited to hear.
Old December 23, 2008, 03:32 PM   #31
studerp

Once I have time

to get it up and running I sure will. I would also like to add that the new version also comes with the pistol rotor/meter, no need to buy it separately.
Old December 23, 2008, 03:42 PM   #32
Shoney

studerp:
Once it's up and running, I'll wager a team of wild raindeer won't be able to drag the ear to ear grim from you face!
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old December 23, 2008, 06:21 PM   #33
YoungGun

Got the new version with EZject 3 weeks ago from Midwayusa (still in the box).

Yg