The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 1, 2000, 04:50 PM   #1
Tirador

New to the board, and to reloading. I am currently using a Lee single stage, but am considering a LoadMaster. I shoot almost nothing but .45, and occassionally .30-06

So far, I have learned that I like Unique better than Bullseye (seems cleaner), That I don't need to load to max every time, and that the occassional squib round happens to lots of folks (though that doesn't make me feel a lot better).
Old November 1, 2000, 05:13 PM   #2
beemerb

Welcome the fireing line.Lots to learn and lots to teach others. A very good board.
What are you shooting for a 45 and how many rds a month.If you shoot a lot you might think about a SQ deal by dillon.

------------------
Bob--- Age and deceit will overcome youth and speed.
I'm old and deceitful.
Old November 1, 2000, 05:28 PM   #3
Tirador

I shoot either an H&K USP45 Tactical or Compact, a ParaOrdnance P14-45 light alloy (which I'm hoping to sell soon), or an H&K P7M8.

I go through about 1000 rounds a month in .45, and maybe 100 a month in 9mm (I don't reload that... yet

I'm looking at the lee primarily because it will let me be progressive or not, and it is also so inexpensive!!

------------------
Tirador
Old November 1, 2000, 10:41 PM   #4
rr41mag

I live by the old saying you learn something new every day.

------------------
A son is the best friend you'll ever have!
Old November 1, 2000, 11:18 PM   #5
Coolray

Welcome fellow TFL newbie
I have enjoyed the help and Knowledge that I have recieved from the members here
I use a Lee Turret press for my .44 .45Acp and 9mm I like the fact that once the dies are set I dont have to fool with them much and the Hand primer is the best! the turret is a semi progressive,that means 3 pulls of the handle per round. I also use the Lee stuff because of price. You will find Fans of every type of equipment and power and primer combos, and you will get huge amounts of expierence these guys are great.

Old November 2, 2000, 03:11 AM   #6
vega

Mabuhay! Welcome to TFL. Been thinking of reloading my ammos too. Just deciding between used or new Dillon 550.

vega