The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 14, 2013, 09:37 AM   #1
deerslayer303

Happy Valentines Day!

Now take out your favorite, blued steel Lady, adorned with Walnut and Brass, and Show her how much you appreciate her! Thats what ole Slayer will be doing this Beautiful Merchant Holiday! SMOKE 'EM
Old February 14, 2013, 01:25 PM   #2
asmith

I for one will be taking my wife to see the new "Die Hard" Movie, as I have decided a basket of flowers just did make me feel right, considering I am sitting here admiring the new Uberti 1860 Army she bought me for Valentine Day...still flowers and a movie is pretty cheap for a new toy....
Old February 14, 2013, 03:08 PM   #3
10851Man

Today is our wedding anniversary. We had a tough time after the foreclosure, and recently, we just haven't had any extra dough. I reached in my pocket yesterday to see if I had enough change to buy her a card and all I had were 2 pennies. So, I decided to make her a ring out of one of them.

I drilled through the pennie and sized it to .610" (size 4.75) and then polished it to a brilliant luster.

I gave it to her last night with the idea that next year she could trade it in on one with a stone.

She smiled and said she was going to save it and give it to our 4 year old when he comes of age.

Priceless...
Old February 14, 2013, 10:14 PM   #4
Beagle333

Quote:
I am sitting here admiring the new Uberti 1860 Army she bought me for Valentine Day
Man.... I just got a card.
Have a Colt and a smile.
Old February 15, 2013, 02:33 PM   #5
shortwave

Wife got me a watch just like the my fav. old one I used to have and gave to my son.

It's the perfect everyday, outdoor watch that's great for outdoor activity and has the mandatory (for us half blind guys) large illuminated numbers/hands/date for night vision.

Didn't even know she was aware I gave my old one to my son and how much I've missed it.