The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 4, 2011, 04:21 PM   #1
70extreme

Easy hit - anyone use it?

Has anyone tried using Easy hit to help fix eye dominance problems shooting with both eyes open? How did you like it?
Old February 4, 2011, 07:35 PM   #2
zippy13

I find these types of sights a distraction. One of my P-guns came with a standard white and a red glow sight installed. After giving the red sight a few rounds, I switched back to the white one. All I want to use a sight for is to verify my mount, after that my focus is on the target, not the sight. You may be the type who isn't distracted by a glow sight and won't let it lure you into shifting your focus from the target to the barrel.

Edit: Since I don't use my shotguns as rifles (shooting at ground targets), my first thoughts go to wing shooting. If you're thinking about a glow-type sight for fixed targets, where your focus is the front sight, then they might be great.

Last edited by zippy13; February 5, 2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old February 4, 2011, 09:34 PM   #3
Coop de Ville

delete
"If chance be the father of all flesh, disaster is his rainbow in the sky. And when you hear a 'state of emergencies, sniper kills ten, troops on rampage, whites go looting, bomb blasts school,' it is but the sound of man , worshipping his maker." - S. Turner
Old February 5, 2011, 09:14 PM   #4
krimmie

As a right handed shooter with cross eye dominance, I would see the left side of the barrel, which distracted me from the target. Oddly enough, the Easy Hit kept my eyes focused on the target...after about six months I was able to remove it and now use just the bead.