The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old October 30, 2005, 11:36 AM   #1
Wingbone

Philippine "Guerrilla" Gun

I have what has been described to me as a Philippine "Guerrilla" Gun. Has anyone ever heard of it? It is a single shot 12ga. shotgun with a grip on the barrel. You remove the barrel from the receiver, place a shell in the back end of the barrel, and replace it in the receiver. Instead of pulling the trigger and sending the pin to the shell, you slam the shell into a fixed pin in the back of the receiver. Obviously there are no sights. lol On the stock is stamped "pat. applied for" 10336.
I found a mention of Philippine improvised shotguns in a book called "Guerilla Warfare Weapons". In brief it states "....Philippine home-made shotguns are horrible looking things that appear to be every bit as lethal to the user as to thier intended target".
So? Any thoughts or ideas about obtaining info on it? Thanks in advance,
Ken
Old October 31, 2005, 10:31 AM   #2
deadin

I remember seeing these about 30+ years ago. They were originally improvised arms made during WW2 in the Philippines. I think they were made from common plumbing pipe. Some US Company actually commercially produced them for a while and that is probably what you have. When I get my library out of storage I will try to remember to do some research on it.

Dean
Old October 31, 2005, 12:47 PM   #3
Wingbone

Thanks Dean, I appriciate it,
Ken
Old December 19, 2005, 03:02 AM   #4
tikyo2000

It is locally called "sumpack". & yes, it is made out of steel pipe. In the city, it is being used as an improvised weapon during gang war or frat war.

It is very dangerous as it my back fire & end up hurting yourself.