The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 22, 2010, 01:39 PM   #1
madddawg1983

reloaded bullets for sale

does anybody know where i can buy reloaded bullets or cheap 12 gauge big game i live in tampa
Old December 22, 2010, 01:51 PM   #2
Willie Lowman

12 guage big game? What are you talking about?

It is a bad idea to buy non-factory loads. If you buy a something that Jimmie-Joe-Bob loaded in his basement and blow your face off, you're up the creek with out a paddle.
Old December 22, 2010, 02:02 PM   #3
hardworker

walmart would be my first stop
Old December 22, 2010, 02:29 PM   #4
BigJimP

Check your local gunshows for ammo in case lots ....or see if your local gun club has shells for sale. My local clubs have a number of less expensive shells for around $ 5 a box. But be really careful about buying reloaded shells or cartridges ....

There is no way to tell if they took a lot of care / or they were sloppy ...inconsistent reloads can bring inconsistent results / or they can be very dangerous - and I'd bet the reloaders, even at the gun shows, have no professional liability insurance if you get hurt or blow up a gun....

Most of us that reload - would never sell reloads - in metallic or in shotshells. I have 100% confidence in my reloads ....but there are only a handfull of reloaders that I would accept a loaned shell from ...if I came up a shell short on a station for some reason ...(when I know at least 100 guys that reload ) ....
Old December 22, 2010, 02:32 PM   #5
oneounceload

By cheap 12 gauge big-game, do you mean slugs?

Walmart, any of the big box stores like BASS, Gander, etc. Online from a plethora of places
Old December 22, 2010, 03:01 PM   #6
zippy13

Quote:
Most of us that reload - would never sell reloads - in metallic or in shotshells.
Amen!
Basically, it's against the law to make or sell ammo without a federal license. There is an exception that allows reloaders to make ammo for their own use; but, that ammo can't be sold.
Old December 22, 2010, 03:24 PM   #7
seansean1444

wallmart will be the cheapest if you wanna keep your face configured the way it is now
Old December 22, 2010, 05:56 PM   #8
pabuckslayer08

Honestly you achieve nothing for a modern shooter by getting reloaded shot gun ammo. Its just cheaper to do but from what Ive experianced it shoots all the same for shotguns. Walmart is the "Good Stuff Cheap"
Old December 23, 2010, 10:42 AM   #9
E.J.W.

x2 on zippy13's post.
I sold a 40 S&W handgun many years back. I later found 8 boxes of reloaded ammo I must of stored away at some point. Not knowing the law, I put an ad in the local paper to sell it. The first call I got was from the BATF. (no "E" yet at that time) They asked for my FFL#, of which I didn't have.
Given the two choices of where the situation might go, I chose to remove the ad at their recomendation. We later shot up the ammo at our cabin when a visitor brought his 40 along.
Good luck.
E.