The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 28, 2009, 11:58 AM   #1
CorpITGuy

Cash or Cashless

I'm always worried that if someone puts a gun to my back and says, "hand over your money", I'll be screwed. You see, I carry plastic (and a check book) but never more than 2 or 3 dollars' cash. I just don't need it, and I tend to spend it if it is in my wallet.

Is that a bad tactic? What if the BG decides to shoot me out of spite for not having any money. Should I start to carry a couple 20 dollar bills with me? I am of the opinion that I should try to AVOID these situations, but sometimes I'm in a position where I know I could be hit, and there's not much I can do about it. (Like the story below re: getting off an airplane and obviously not carrying).
Old September 28, 2009, 12:19 PM   #2
Yankee Traveler

I also only carry plastic. A small leather business card holder with half a dozen pieces. DL, CC, DC, Sams Club...

Quickly offer it to the BG with a "Here, I changed all the PIN's to 1978 so I could remember it".
Of course yould NOT have changed all the PIN's. And you can probably call the banks and cancell before they could make it to a Circuit City anyway.
assuming you are not standing at an ATM when robbed of course...
Old September 28, 2009, 01:24 PM   #3
Bud Helms

Nothing to do with firearms.

Closed.
Closed Thread