The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 19, 2013, 08:29 AM   #26
BIGR

Quote:
I have had a 10-10 scale for 20 years and it still works great. I think a lot of the newer stuff is poor made. RCBS will stand behind their products 100%.
Same here, with no problems. I generally set up the 10-10 and the digital each time I load and cross check them every 5 to 10 rounds. I guess it does not hurt to be over cautious. I am one that does not like any major malfunctions and the powder charging step of reloading is one of the most critical steps I do believe.
Old January 28, 2013, 02:06 PM   #27
S_Constitutionist

My replacement 10-10 arrived last week while I was out of town. Setting it up in my office I have noticed a world of difference. The new scale seems to balance much faster and the knife edges have a more refined machine edge. The agates also seem to float effortlessly while the last were a tad "sticky".

The included check weight came in at 249.9~5 grams. It did lose its zero after initial setup, but I will keep testing it. Post re-zero its coming it at 250 exactly and seems to be working correctly now
Old January 28, 2013, 03:21 PM   #28
edward5759

Location: Phoenix, AZ. 30 miles from water, two feet from Hell.
Easy fix, I bet,
You have a build up static electricity.
The plastic and Styrofoam in the package is part of the problem.
Wash the balance in waster that has a anti static dish soap such as DAWN.
Then let the unit air dry do not wipe off. When dry pick up parts with a dryer sheet and reassemble this will release any static around the unit causing the drifting.

try it. it will save you a lot of time and work.

Ed5759

This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolf Hitler,1935"