The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 6, 2009, 01:26 AM   #1
thejerk

Tactical training in Salt lake city utah area

I grew up plinking with revolvers, but have just now applied for my carry permit. I have always felt that somebody who is going to keep a loaded firearm with them while in society or even have a loaded firearm in the home ought to have some substantial training. More than the couple of hours for the CCW, for sure. Besides just going to the range and target shooting, I was hoping to take some tactical training.

Any recommendations for a guy in SLC? I have picked up cards for Strategic Tactical as well as Self-Defense Solutions. Others? Thanks.
Old February 6, 2009, 10:40 AM   #2
Don H

I've heard a lot of good things about Strategic Tactical. You may find this listing to be of interest: http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/fo...php?f=7&t=1364
Old February 10, 2009, 11:20 PM   #3
Stick_man

You might try Christiansen Weapons Training. Neil Christiansen travels all over the nation providing training of different kinds. I have heard good things about him and his training. He is located in SLC. He is also very reasonably priced on his classes.

http://cwtnc.com/