The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 7, 2014, 03:21 PM   #1751
J A

Welcome from Iowa

Welcome Sometnfancy. This is a great place to hang out and learn. There is a wealth of info in many, many areas of firearm.
If you have a particular firearm you would like to share or brag about, post some pictures. We enjoy pictures! Or if you have questions about firearms throw them out also. Someone will have the correct answer to share. JA
Old August 7, 2014, 03:30 PM   #1752
Pahoo

Welcome Aboard !!!

Sometnfancy
Always good to see a new face and refreshing thoughts.
Not against the rules to lists your likes. The dislikes, go under review. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old August 8, 2014, 08:22 AM   #1753
hvymax

Hidey Ho from SMIBville. Just found this site and thought I would sign up. When not fighting for what rights I have left in Annapolis I am usually either shooting, hunting or building new toys to do the former with. Once I figure out how to post pics I will be able to share some of my creations.
Old August 8, 2014, 09:14 PM   #1754
6.5swedeforelk

Welcome, Sometnfancy!

I see from another thread that you're "only" 14.

At 14 I had run a trapline four years, shot an elk, moose
and got chased by a baar.

It's just that times & peoples' attitude that have changed!

If it were up to you, what would your future firearms include?
Old August 9, 2014, 08:52 AM   #1755
g.willikers

It's quite easy to stay legal around here.
Rule 1 - Be insulting - it gets folks' blood flowing better than a morning jog.
Rule 2 - Be argumentative, it's just expected, and lets folks know that you are the actual expert on all things.
Rule 3 - Give plenty of false information - it's the web after all.
Rule 4 - Brag about all the stuff you own, whether you actually know how to use it or not.

Thankfully, none of that kind of nonsense is tolerated much around here.
That's probably one of the reasons the forums here have been so long lasting and popular.
Welcome.
Old August 9, 2014, 09:34 AM   #1756
Mosin-Marauder

Welcome! I'm 14 too!
This is a great place for learning all sorts of stuff about firearms and getting help from experienced people. Good luck with your new shooting hobby!
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old August 12, 2014, 05:20 AM   #1757
Bennyfatsack

The lost Australian

Hello from Braidwood New South Wales Australia, happened by chance to find TFL whilst googling loads for my .243, needless to say was happy with the abundance of info and knowledge, helped me fine tune my loads . A lot of forums of course irrelevant to myself as I think nsw Australia my have the strictest, most restrictive, badly managed gun laws in the world, but for my part I enjoy what I can with what I can, seem to get plenty of joy from my humble collection of bolt and lever actions.
Interesting reads even if it only makes me envious of the greater variety and flexibility of US laws. Any who thanks for having me and my little whinge
Old August 14, 2014, 09:33 AM   #1758
bfg

Howdy all, great forum here, glad to be part of it and meet you all!
Old August 16, 2014, 09:36 PM   #1759
Corn

Hi all,
Great site here. I'm an Illinoisan, occasional hunter and trap shooter and an avid target shooter when my ammo budget permits.
Old August 17, 2014, 05:53 AM   #1760
Bully

Omark 44

Hello all, not new to handling firearms being ex Army (infantry)I have joined this group as you never stop learning. I have recently acquired a Omark 44 .308 and looking forward to speaking with anyone that has one. I have not put a round down range with it yet but that will soon be rectified and looking forward to it. Cheers
Old August 17, 2014, 04:13 PM   #1761
Freeloader Reloader

Bayou State but not Swamp People

Really glad that I found this forum as it has already helped me quite a bit with answers to my many questions about guns, ammo and reloading, in particular. Introduce myself...well, pretty boring really. Born and raised in South Louisiana, right across the Mississippi River from New Orleans. Went to public school before public school got such a bad reputation. Decided not to go to college even though I had taken the SAT and entrance exam to attend (This was in 1965), a decision I have only started to regret just lately. On my third marriage; have 3 daughters and one son (who works for Louisiana Dept. of Wildlife & Fisheries) and six grandchildren. Been retired since 2002 from BellSouth (AT&T) and spent four years (1967-1971) in the USAF but didn't go out of country. Used to hunt with my Dad when I was young: deer, rabbit, squirrel, dove but never duck. Realized early on that I really didn't care to hunt but really loved to shoot, and still do. Didn't own a pistol until I was in my 60's, so I don't have a lot of time left to get good with one, but I'm giving it my best shot (pun intended). Started reloading about a year and a half ago and find that I like that almost as much as shooting. Just joined an indoor range about 12 miles from my house so hopefully I will be shooting more and (even more hopefully) improving. I'd rather shoot steel than paper but don't get to do it as much as I'd like to. One other thing....my favorite TV show is The Walking Dead and I know all the ways to kill Zombies...but shooting them seems to be the most fun!
Old August 22, 2014, 11:21 AM   #1762
TnArmsCo

Hey Guys, This is John at Tn Arms. Im one of the owners and I'm also in charge of most of the day to day operation. I'm glad to see some actual customer reviews online! I'm here to just let you guys know, if you have any questions about our lowers, because it is a whole new design when it comes to other than metal lowers, feel free to ask away. I've had bad luck on another forum site with just answering questions, but I emailed the webmaster about starting an account. So don't worry, I'm not going to be posting sales or just promoting my company. I plan on answering questions that you might have and secondly and most importantly, getting feedback about where we might need to improve upon our lowers so that we can offer you a better lower. Ok. I've said my piece. Fire away if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. I also take emails at [email protected] if asking on forums isn't your thing. Thanks!
Old August 22, 2014, 01:53 PM   #1763
JBCustom

New

New member here. Long time gun enthusiast, competitive shooter and outdoorsman here. Hope to learn and share info when and where I'm able.
- Luke 22:36
Old September 1, 2014, 08:12 PM   #1764
smothron5

hi

hi everyone! I am new here and like what I see but still learning the ropes lol, hope to learn more as I go
Old September 8, 2014, 12:36 PM   #1765
33GURK

Dropping in to say Hi

I have read from forums for quite a few years now and have never joined a forum until now. I have seen a lot of bickering on many of them which is why I chose not to join those. Which I will not name.

After reading this one for a while now, this forum seems to have the least amount of bickering than any others, the way I see it is we are all here because we have the same interest and should enjoy sharing our knowledge with each other, there is always someone else out there that may know something more about a particular topic. Listening and reading will only broaden one`s knowledge.

I have been shooting for over 30 years and still shoot an occasional IPSC/USPSA match, been reloading for over 25 years and began to learn pistolsmithing over the last 10 years and will pursue it full time as time gets closer to my retiring. I will be the first to admit I do not know it all but I hope I can contribute to this forum and help others while learning from others as well.
Old September 8, 2014, 12:53 PM   #1766
Pahoo

Welcome Aboard !!!

Quote:
I will be the first to admit I do not know it all but I hope I can contribute to this forum and help others while learning from others as well.
I'm sure your will be right at home as most of us, share the same attitude. Looking forward, to your input. ....

Welcome and;
Be Safe !!!
Old September 8, 2014, 02:42 PM   #1767
thunderarms

Hi all, Just found this forum and thought id join in. Always enjoy talking about subjects I'm passionate about with like minded folks.
01 ffl dealer
Old September 9, 2014, 10:24 AM   #1768
monkey4life

Hi

Figured I should say hi. Long time lurker, figured I'd join and participate. Been shooting for the last 10 years, and have always loved being self sufficient if possible. Looking forward to learning more about the firearms side of things.
Old September 9, 2014, 10:42 AM   #1769
OzeanJaeger

Hello from St. Louis MO

Hi all. I was having a problem working up some loads and putting a cartridge together for a new acquisition in an unfamiliar caliber, and couldn't figure out what was going wrong. I was googefu-ing some pretty esoteric questions about reloading issues, and old threads @thefiringline came up. Since I’ve already extracted some great information and ideas it seemed only right to try to give a little back.
I'm a Christian, a Father, a Husband, a Son, a Brother, an American, a veteran, a business leader, and a conservationist/outdoorsman...in that order. I grew up hunting, fishing, and reloading with my late father. I donate my time and money to anything that preserves and strengthens our culture and fights against relativism, collectivism, and authoritarianism. I'm a strong supporter of all of our individual, God Given Rights, an NRA Life Member, and have served in leadership roles pursuant to the same.
I was young and interesting once, but middle aged and boring seems to be workin’ for me too!
Thanks for having me.
Old September 12, 2014, 07:08 PM   #1770
miller 1903

miller 1903

Yes i am new. I carry a springfeild loaded model 1911 and a springfeild 03 born in 1919. It has a 1942 remington arms barrel and a sniper c style stock also have anold remington pump shotgun from 1934. And a buck 119.
Old September 13, 2014, 05:05 PM   #1771
swatson

Remington Nylon 66

I have a Remington Nylon 66. It was the first gun I loved. It was my grand fathers. THAT is how long I have loved to shoot and know how beautiful guns are. My name is Steve Watson (swatson) and I live in Pointblank Texas. My dad was born in Cut n Shoot Texas so I guess it is in my blood to love firearms. My calling seems to be ousting the crooked to preserve the integrity of the honest. I am an open records hound and no one who holds the public trust is immune from scrutiny. In 30 years of trailing dirty cops, I have been shot at, threatened, arrested and jailed but remain unspotted from the world. My oldest son works for the Sheriff's dept because he was raised as a patriot and with the utmost respect for law and order.
Old September 21, 2014, 09:41 PM   #1772
SCPO80

Good Evening to Good Folks

I'm one of the old guys and have been hunting for about 60 years, spent 22 years in the Navy and am looking for a place where I can trade goods and good conversations. I reloaded for years, but now use mostly factory ammo and I still have some bullets that I would like to sell so wonder which forum to visit to list them. It is a breath of fresh air to read the listings so far and am looking forward to visiting often..
Old September 28, 2014, 06:18 AM   #1773
Wicked Pete

Wicked Pete

Retired Educator. I am so old I can remember 16 cent gas.

Hoping to gain valuable information from the forum and meet up with like minded (shooters/collectors) individuals.

"Wicked" in this sense, is used as a term of endearment.
Old September 29, 2014, 05:33 AM   #1774
IRDWalrus

Hiya. 100% disabled veteran here. Medical retirement from USAF after 17 years back in 2002.

Current firearms are G27, Bond Arms Derringer with 45LC /. 410, .38/.357, and .22lr barrels, and a Mossberg 500 "Persuader".
Old October 4, 2014, 06:10 AM   #1775
Siggy-06

Howdy TFL members from Florida. My name is Sig. Wounded Navy veteran who's still walking tall. I've been collecting/shooting/building/ CCWing firearms for 8+ years now (I like expensive hobbies I guess). I've been just reading the forums for quite a few months and decided to make a profile finally to hopefully help or add my 2 cents about firearm knowledge. I mostly stick to pistols and AR-15s, but do enjoy a few C&Rs as well. Thanks for reading!

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent