The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old January 27, 2013, 09:44 AM   #26
JWT

Somebody on her staff spent lots of time cutting and pasting lists from various manufactures. Like her entire bill, it makes no sense. What happens when manufactures come out with new models? Congress might need to pass a new bill to make them 'legal'?
Old January 27, 2013, 10:38 AM   #27
freedash22

What's Next

Clearly I underestimated the extent of their actions. With a list this comprehensive I am starting to wonder what will happen next. God forbid another lunatic on drugs goes on a shootout with a pistol and bolt-action rifle and then we will be seeing a PDF file on some government webpage with a list 3x longer for those feel-good moments of theirs. "The violence is out of control! Banning pistols and bolt-action rifles is the ONLY way forward or there will be an eternity of senseless shootouts! We owe it to our children!"
Old January 28, 2013, 04:17 PM   #28
62coltnavy

The safe list is a total joke. I don't have enough knowledge or time to verify it, but my gut tells me that once you eliminate all of the bolt action, single shots, side-by sides, borings, o/us and pumps, there isn't a whole lot left on the list. None of these longarms fall within the definition of AW, so the list is window dressing. It is a way to assure hunters that she isn't going after "their" guns, so everything is hunky dory. Divide and conquer.
Old January 28, 2013, 04:29 PM   #29
rebs

The deer rifle of today will be classed as a sniper rifle tomorrow and it will be added to the list.