The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old August 5, 2016, 06:45 PM   #1
cmdc

HK 94

I have one and am curious as to what it's worth now, but cannot find out anything online. Does anybody have an idea, or have a source I could consult?

Thanks
Old August 5, 2016, 11:31 PM   #2
Gunslick

Get the receiver pressed and put it together, REMOVE AND DESTROY THE YOU KNOW WHAT TRIGGER PARTS. No trouble is good.
Old August 6, 2016, 01:48 AM   #3
MikeG

I have no idea what Gunslick wanted to say. I believe your carbine is already pressed and assembled, and the trigger assembly is semi only

The HK94s weren't imported any more after the ban on importing some firearms in 1989. I don't think they come up for sale much anymore.

I had one I bought in the early '80s. I sold it after the importation ban but before the Assault Weapons ban. The value had gone up a lot and my new bride wanted couches.
Old August 6, 2016, 09:31 AM   #4
ttarp

A quick gunbroker search brings up one for $6,000 and no bids. Its possible you could get $3,000 plus for it, but I'm just guessing. Folks on the Hkpro forums would be able to give you the best estimate, but you have to be a "premium"(paying) member to price check.
Old August 6, 2016, 11:52 AM   #5
T. O'Heir

"...no idea what Gunslick..." An HK 94 is an evil SBR, is it not? Referring to an unmentioned unregistered Class 3 SBR perhaps?
Another in addition to the one ttarp mentions on GB, sitting at $4100. BNIB, unfired, in Alaska.
Old August 7, 2016, 03:16 PM   #6
dakota.potts

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/midwest-m...item-sold.html

This one sold for over $5,000 on an HK forum.

To put it in perspective, HK91s which were imported more frequently and for which other good alternatives exist frequently sell for $2,000-$3,000. Clones of the MP5 sell for around $2,000 and H&K plans to import a new ATF approved (read: further neutered) MP5 pistol for somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,500.

I'd say what you have is probably worth some good money if it's in good condition. I know I'd like to have one as an HK roller delayed blowback fan.
Old August 7, 2016, 03:47 PM   #7
ttarp

Quote:
An HK 94 is an evil SBR, is it not?
That would be an MP5, the Hk94 is the 16" barrel semi auto import version.
Old August 9, 2016, 10:04 AM   #8
Destructo6

I used to see them for $4,500, but that was before the recent HK-94/MP5 clones (Turkish MKE/Zenith Arms/others) started to be imported.

Although those clones don't have the intrinsic value of a real deal HK, they are made on HK licensed equipment and cost less than $2,000. These also have front pushpin gripframes, short 3-lug barrels, and paddle mag releases, which the HK94 does not, making them more attractive to folks that intend to use them and/or SBR them.

For collectors, though, only the HK-94 will do.

Keep all of them clean.
Old August 9, 2016, 07:15 PM   #9
AK103K

I bought an HK 94 back in 85 for $450, which was the going rate in our area at the time. In 86, about a week before the ban, I shipped it off to Fleming and had it converted to an MP5 for $350.

Last I saw, HK94's were going for around $4500-5000, but thats been a couple of years ago. Not sure what they are going for now.

Of all the guns Ive bought over the years, the HK's (and their accessories) grew the most in value, and brought the most money when I went to sell them. Not too much else has come close.

About a year before I got the 94, I bought a P7M13 for $450 as well. A couple of years later, I more than doubled my money when I sold it.

I also bought a couple of HK91's a short while after the 94, both in the $600 range. Both brought over $2000 (the guns themselves, no accessories) when sold, and that was back in the 90's.

I also made out quite well on things like claw mounts, port buffers, stocks, etc.

What made the HK's worth so much, was the 89/94 ban George Bush put through. Dont think its just the democrats you need to worry about. The republicans are just as bad. HK also got a little weird about the same time and stopped dealing with the general public.