The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 26, 2013, 12:04 PM   #26
Don P

Brownell's has a no BS lifetime guaranty on EVERYTHING THEY SELL
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old September 26, 2013, 12:52 PM   #27
Wallyl

My Midway Thumber was not working right. I opened the base by removing the three screws on its "feet"... lots of black dust in it. I took it outside and blew it all out with an Air Compressor and oiled up the motor beaings...wiped it down and it ran just fine. IMHO it should all be sealed better, but maybe if it were the fan could not cool it enough. IMHO one should occassionally take it apart and clean/oil it and I would think they would last many, many years. My Thumbler tumbler is for 1980 and still works..because the motor is in the open air and can easily be oiled.
Old September 26, 2013, 07:16 PM   #28
jcwit

Quote:
I am looking for a tumbler and went to HF yesterday to buy their 2 drum tumbler. The entire body of the drum (both of them - same drum whether single or dual) is a rubber compound which was great but the lid consisted of a flimsy metal lid with a circular piece of the rubber compound screwed into the inside top. THE LID WOULD NOT SNUGLY FIT ON THE DRUM. NO WAY IT WOULD HOLD LIQUID I PASSED. .

Is there some way to make the lid fit and not leak. I'd like to hear from HF tumbler owners. Sounds like Thumbler Model B is the answer.
Don't know what to tell you. Mine seals fine and does not leak at all.
Old September 26, 2013, 07:22 PM   #29
jcwit

Quote:
Brownell's has a no BS lifetime guaranty on EVERYTHING THEY SELL
There you go then.

http://www.brownells.com/reloading/c...prod36851.aspx
Old September 26, 2013, 07:33 PM   #30
kilimanjaro

You won't regret the Thumler Model B. They are made for tumbling stones, which is a 3-week process. Running brass for a few hours is not going to wear them out.
Old September 26, 2013, 09:11 PM   #31
iraiam

I have 2 Dillon tumblers, that are more than 10 years old. one for cleaning and one for polishing, sometimes they both run 24 X 7.

They have both broke down on me though, where the electrical wires attach to the motors. The wires broke where the female disconnect terminals are crimped on, I did away with the disconnect terminals and soldered the wires right to the motor terminals, this was several years ago.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason
Old October 2, 2013, 12:00 PM   #32
Wallyl

I mentioned my Midway tumbler...it just started acting up again. Turn it on and no tumbling. I removed the aluminum base plate...the only way it will work is if I give the fan blade a spin when I turn it on.