The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 29, 2000, 02:17 PM   #1
bjdealer

Dan Wesson Model 12, .38/.357 revolver; Serial # 232,3 barrel set: 6",4",2 1/2"

Wrote to Company few months ago trying to get mfg date, no response. Do you know: Company obviously built my DW when they were in Monson, MA. I've owed it since early 80s.

Also have some pitting/metal loss in cylinder holes, all to some degree, but mostly in 3 holes. Were/are their parts interchangeable, i.e. is it possible to find a new new cylinder out in the world, or is it best to send back to the company for a match fit?
Thanx
Old April 29, 2000, 05:01 PM   #2
johnwill

Dan Wesson has gone belly-up several times since the early 80's. They have recently been revived, but they are not all that interested in the old Dan Wesson stuff. They may work on it, can't hurt to contact them.
Old April 30, 2000, 05:32 PM   #3
Steven Mace

Bjdealer, my records show the Dan Wesson Model 12 was only made from 1970-1971. For replacement parts you might try contacting Gun Parts Corporation at http://www.gunpartscorp.com and ask if they have a cylinder in stock for your Model 12. Your local gun smith should be able to make the correct replacement. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical

[This message has been edited by Steven Mace (edited April 30, 2000).]
Old May 1, 2000, 11:09 AM   #4
JoeHatley

www.dan-wesson.com

The new owners will service your model 12. Give them a call to get shipping info and pricing. Nice folks...

Joe

------------------
Go NRA