The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 14, 2008, 01:20 PM   #26
Shoney

Quote:
James Kain wrote:
I just goodled,
Now that just sounds fugly - - - - - - - - I think

are you saying to me, "ju gut a lot of splainin to do Lucy!"????

Well Lucy, I juss rite em, I don splain em.

RED TROLL ALLERT!
RED TROLL ALLERT!
RED TROLL ALLERT!
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old October 14, 2008, 02:47 PM   #27
Hawg

30-06. I use Remington brass and CCI primers. 57 grs. of IMR 4350 with either I66 gr. Sierra HPBT match or Hornady 165 Gr. BTBT.
.45 ACP 1911 I use Winchester brass with CCI primers and 5.0 grs. of Winchester 231 with home cast 255 gr. Keith SWC's.
44-40 I use whatever brass I can get with CCI primers and 35 grs. of bp with home cast 200 gr. RNFP's If I load smokeless I use everything the same except for 7.0 grs. of W231 instead of bp.
Old October 14, 2008, 09:49 PM   #28
James Kain

oops

Quote:
Now that just sounds fugly - - - - - - - - I think

are you saying to me
I meant to say Googled it meaning I surched Google for it. I was unsure what you were trying to say. I never did find anything. Making up things? LOL I was just half asleep I think when I posted that. But tonight I am again half asleep.
Old October 15, 2008, 01:48 PM   #29
Shoney

Dear Troll:
You need to familiarize yourself with that good old book, "Under a Bridge Dick and Harry!"
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old October 15, 2008, 03:19 PM   #30
tkofoid

I LOVE my 6.5 swede! It LOVES the 140 grain Sierra BT with 47 grains RE22.
It's Sweet! Oh by the way CCI BR primers.

my 308 loves varget or Re15
Old October 15, 2008, 04:09 PM   #31
ilbob

I have gravitated toward range pickup for brass, at least in the common pistol calibers. I have never been able to tell any difference in the end result of different brands of cartridges.

Right now I am only loading 38 special. I am using Winchester primers that I labeled with a date in 1992 when I bought them. When I run out and need more, I will probably buy Wolf, as they are the cheapest available and I have used every other brand and found no discernible difference in small pistol primers.

I used to use Unique but switched to Bullseye powder maybe 20 years ago as it is much cleaner. Used it for 38, 357, 9, 44 spl, and 45. never felt the need for anything else. IIRC, Unique allows you to go to some bigger bullets and bigger charges, but I am not much interested in those. Mostly just plinking and target shooting.