The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 23, 2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Dilbert

Out of state carry in Nevada.

I'm going to be visiting my parents in Las Vegas on my way from Arizona to Washington. I have an Arizona CCW permit. I've found that Nevada has reciprocity, but Clark County requires you to register handguns, and carrying with an unregistered handgun is illegal.
Now my question is this: does anyone know if there is an exemption for non-residents on this requirement?
Gun Control-gun con·trol n. definition 1. The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker received that fatal bullet wound. 2. The ability to hit what you are aiming at.
Old June 23, 2012, 10:23 PM   #2
hermannr

You are not a resident of Clark Co. Forget it. Do you think every person that ever goes into Clark co (that are residents of other counties in NV) bothers to register their firearms? No way.

The registration requirement is only for Clark Co. Residents, read their local Clark Co code.
Old June 23, 2012, 10:53 PM   #3
Dilbert

Thanks, I appreciate the info. That's what I was thinking. I couldn't find anything in the NRS, didn't even think to check the county statutes.
Gun Control-gun con·trol n. definition 1. The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker received that fatal bullet wound. 2. The ability to hit what you are aiming at.
Old July 5, 2012, 05:04 PM   #4
thrgunsmith

the open carry folks are pretty active in Vegas too, check the open carry website to see if there is a meetup happening.