The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old October 7, 2002, 05:52 PM   #1
St_Genesius

Tucson Ranges?

I'm new to the Tucson, AZ area and am looking for a good range, preferrably one that rents handguns, as I'm in the market to buy one and would like to test-fire a few models (I'm especially interested in the Walther P99, so if anyone knows of a range that rents Walthers, please let me know).
Old October 7, 2002, 09:06 PM   #2
Jeeper

I used to live in Tucson and you should try Arizona sportsman on Prince just east of I-10. THere is also another range I believe it is called "marksman" on the east side. Both rent guns. That is about it for indoor ranges in Tucson.
Old October 8, 2002, 04:52 AM   #3
whizz

and Jensens?

When I was in Tucson in ´96, Jensen´s had an indoor range where you could rent a gun too. dont remember the address but they are on the net, try google.
Old October 8, 2002, 08:25 AM   #4
Jeeper

Jensens is now arizona sportsman. They got bought in 98 or 99
Old October 8, 2002, 11:05 AM   #5
Mr.629

Tucson Ranges

Jensen's/AZ Sportsman on Prince, Marksman on 29th and there is Desert Trails over on Valencia near Rita Ranch.
Old October 9, 2002, 12:47 AM   #6
Lennyjoe

The Marksman on 29th has several Glocks, S&W revolvers in .38 and .357, a couple of HK's and a 1911 or two. They also sell reloaded ammo for shooting. Not much in the box ammo but they have some. Nice place to shoot, offers alot of classes and the guys there are very professional. They have handled a couple of transfers for me as well.

Jensens/AZ Sportsmans rents handguns as well on Prince but I havent been there yet.

Have found good deals at West of Pecos Guns on Pima as well as Cashbox Pawn on Craycroft between 29th and Golf links. Jensens have quite a bit of handguns to choose from but the prices are getting up there. Alot of gun shows to go to also. Do a search on the internet for Tucson Gun shows and you can get a schedule for the shows pretty easy. Thats where I find the best deals. The one at the Convention center is the best of the two. The other is at the Fairgrounds.

I will be back in Tucson on 16 Nov for midtour so if you still need help or have any questions PM me and maybe we can hook up when im back. Will be glad to help in any way I can.
Old October 9, 2002, 12:53 AM   #7
Lennyjoe

Urggh, darn double post.
Old October 9, 2002, 10:53 AM   #8
Intel6

Eventhough I am down to the South in Sierra Vista, I get up to Tucson quite a bit. I will second LennyJoe's reccomendation of West of the Peco's shop and add that Murphy's is a good gun shop also. They usually have some interesting things.
Old October 9, 2002, 01:05 PM   #9
St_Genesius

Well, I checked out Jensen's and you guys were right. It's a nice store (though I was less than impressed that I stood around for quite some time without being helped) but their prices were a little high. They were selling the P99 for $580, while Murphy's had it for $535. I could do a little bit better than either of those doing a private transation (even after paying shipping and FFL-transfer fees) but I think I'll go ahead an support a local business.

Thanks for all the tips. I've got a buddy and his fiancee interested in going to abuse some paper targetsw with me, so I think we'' try out some of the places you guys mentioned and see which ones we like.