The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 17, 2012, 10:12 AM   #1
tchunter

First whitetail!

Well my 10 year old nephew finally got the job done! We've been hunting hard in tough weather conditions but a nice doe finally messed up. I don't know who had the shakes worse, him or me! He is using a cva wolf with 2 shockys gold pellets and a 245 gr shockwave. The best part is he dropped her in her tracks from 50 yards. Needless to say we have another BP addict on our hands. If I can figure out how to make my pic files smaller i will post some.
Old December 17, 2012, 11:05 AM   #2
deerslayer303

Tell the young fella, I'm Sending him a HUGE CONGRATS AND PAT ON THE BACK! And a big Kudos to you Sir for taking the time to teach a youngster about the outdoors, the sport of hunting, and the sport of BP shooting / hunting!!
Old December 17, 2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Sure Shot Mc Gee

What's that old saying; "I love the smell of backstrap & eggs in the morning"
Bet the kid will want to spend lots more time with his favorite 'Ol Uncle from now on. Congratulation's to you both on a job well done Sir's.
Old December 17, 2012, 11:50 AM   #4
ChasingWhitetail91

My nephew is turning 3 this year and theres not a day that goes by where i dont ask his mom when i can bring him out with me. Passing the tradition on is what its all about.
Old December 17, 2012, 12:11 PM   #5
Wild Bill Bucks

If you hunt long enough, you may loose track of how much game you have taken, but just like a kiss, you never forget the very first one.

Great to see someone else taking the time to carry on tradition. You have made a buddy for life.
Old December 17, 2012, 12:29 PM   #6
tchunter

Thank you guys, it means a lot. He has what I call an absentee father so I took him under my wing. It's been more fun than hunting by myself. It can also test your patience at times but I want him to have a great experience. He's pretty proud to have a deer hanging where he's seen so many of ours. I only wish I had a video camera in the blind that night, it was pretty cool!
Old December 17, 2012, 02:06 PM   #7
BirchOrr

Outstanding!

Well done and a HUGE congrats to you both! Indeed... he will never forget that one!

B
Black Powder: Not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win...