The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 13, 2007, 02:25 PM   #1
stanger04

Kydex holsters

Hey just got a 9000 s and am trying to find a fobus holster or at least somekind of kydex holster.
Also any other ideas of a good ccw holster are appreciated, but keep in mind that I am a small person so hiding a gun is tough. I have a insde pocket and waist holster already. I am only 120lbs and need a holster for riding 4 wheelers and fishing. Pocket and in the waist get old.
Old March 14, 2007, 04:10 PM   #2
scsov509

I you want Kydex for the sport type activities that you're describing, then I'd recommend something that had a more active retention device incorporated. There's nothing worse than discovering your gun fell out of your holster somewhere while you were riding a 4-wheeler.

To that end, I'm a pretty big fan of the BlackHawk SERPA holsters. They offer good retention, allow a variety of options in one holster (strong side, weak side, paddle or belt), and the cost is right (about $40). I've owned a few different kydex holsters, but the SERPA is by far my favorite.
Old March 14, 2007, 08:09 PM   #3
Sharp Phil

Fobus holsters generally fit poorly and don't hold up well, at least in my experience. If you want a good Kydex holster, go with www.comp-tac.com .

Publisher, The Martialist
For Those Who Fight Unfairly