The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 23, 2010, 05:14 PM   #1
mattdude40

H&R 300 ultra rifle 30-06 questions

i have a h&r 300 ultra rifle 30-06 with the stamp on the side sayin action made in belgium. it was my fathers gun and is in excellent shape except he fumbled it one time in the back of his jeep and the clip latch broke and the clip sring itself broke and im lookin for a place to buy parts to fix it because this gun is gorgeous and shoots like a dream. can someone pls help me out
thanks
Attached Images
File Type: bmp fixed ot6.bmp (56.3 KB, 102 views)
Old October 23, 2010, 05:28 PM   #2
HiBC

Your pic is small and grainy.No detail.Those H+R's were nicely done.As I recall ,it is an FN commercial mausr action,a hammer forged barrel you can see the swirl on,and a light bbl at that.
It looks like you are missing the magazine follower.It hooks on the leaf spring and goes in the box.Brownells,maybe.There are a number of routes to find ione,they can be found.
The latch? Couldn't see.Pretty robust and simple.
I think there might be a little danger of doing more harm than good.Its a nice rifle.Maybe ask your friendly local gunsmith for some help.
Sometimes fixing it makes it a lot harder to fix.
Old October 23, 2010, 08:33 PM   #3
lefteyedom

Numrich gun parts may have what you need.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Default.aspx
Old October 24, 2010, 12:06 AM   #4
mattdude40

It wouldn't let me upload a bigger pic but its broke where there's. The spring that holds all the shells like its all one piece clip. There's a latch near the trigger housing that holds the clip shut it broke. Then the spring itself is broke in two. I never messed with a gun that had a clip like that so I can't really explain it only in lamence terms
Old October 24, 2010, 03:00 AM   #5
HiBC

I did a little poking around.Your H+R has a FN Supreme action.These are held in very high regard.You are looking for a floorplate catch,pin,and spring for a FN Supreme
You might contact RRGUNS.US.Another possibility may be Hoosier Guns.You would call them.The part is not on their site,but they do have Mauser stuff
They seem to have many varieties of Mauser actions.I did find a good picture of what may be your guard on an auction site.It was sold.I searched FN Supreme Trigger Guard and it was on Auction Arms,I think.Do you have the broken part?This is the sort of part a person with a drill press and a hacksaw and some files could make.Please do not alter the trigger guard.If it takes 3 or 4 tries,call it an education.If you are successful,a little Kasenite treatment on the camming surface of the catch would be good
Old October 24, 2010, 07:28 AM   #6
mapsjanhere

matt, the reason you couldn't upload a bigger picture was you used a bmp (bitmap) file format. Those are not very efficient. Load the picture into ms-paint and save it as jpg (JPEG) file. It shrinks the file by up to 90%, and you can upload a much bigger picture within the 200k filesize limit.
Old October 24, 2010, 01:40 PM   #7
mattdude40

i found this part on brownells website but they dont have a pic to explain wat it is and i mean it aint much but i dont just want to start ordering things haha does anyone have a brownells catolog they could look at page 555 and look for this part ha and tell me if its wat i need
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=7.../TRIGGER_GUARD
Old October 24, 2010, 01:51 PM   #8
HiBC

I don't think that one will help you.That is for a break action single shot.I do not think you need a whole guard If you do,RRGUNS has them for a Mauser Supreme for $225.
Better if you can get the small parts.Go see your gunsmith.