The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old May 22, 2016, 05:40 AM   #26
eastbank

the two ww-2 m1 carbines i bought from a friend who got them thru the cmp for a little less than 500.00 and sold them to me for a little more than he paid for them. one is a winchester and the other is a inland and both are in super condition with ex bores and shoot better than i can. i have been offered 1000.00 for the win. and 800.00 for the inland, let me know when you can sell your imatation m1 carbine for double what you paid for it after you use it for a few years. yes you can get a dog GI carbine, but if you bought it thru the cmp they will make it right for free. and with over 5 million made and used in many wars and police actions and rebuilt many times they just plain work, even after all that. let me know when the imatation carbine makers get close to making 5 million and what their failure rate is. eastbank.
Old May 22, 2016, 07:14 AM   #27
COSteve

Not everyone is as lucky as you to have a friend that will sell at a discount. Most people would have to pay full retail for them. Also, you buy what is available at the time and times and availability changes. Remember when even the cheapest ARs were all selling for over a grand?
Old May 22, 2016, 09:55 AM   #28
eastbank

he did not discount them and would have sold them at that price to any one,i was just first in line. even today the best place to buy a carbine is the cmp when they have them. dollar in dollar out the cmp carbines are the best buy. eastbank.