The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 3, 2009, 05:45 PM   #1
boltgun71

Sitting Fox Custom Muzzleloaders

Anyone have any experience with Sitting Fox Custom Muszzleloaders? I am looking at having a Southern Mountain style flintlock built by them. I am looking for reveiws and possibly pictures of there finished products by anyone who has experience with them. Thanks and I look forward to your replies!
Old April 3, 2009, 06:53 PM   #2
mykeal

I do not have any personal experience with Sitting Fox. However, there are many good reviews published on The Muzzleloading Forum, and they're a pretty realistic bunch. A couple of hours over there should provide what you're looking for.
Old April 7, 2009, 01:52 AM   #3
arcticap

Dutchman Dick recently posted on THR that he ordered a rifle kit from Sitting Fox. He should have received it by now and I'm sure that he will be posting more about it there. Maybe he's been too busy working on it. I would suggest to send him a PM to get some first hand details about the quality of his kit. I'm sure that he would be happy to share details. Just join THR and click on his name in his thread below and send him a personal message.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...ht=sitting+fox

The Muzzle Loading Forum is another place to ask for information and to search through their archives. Registration is necessary but free. Just follow my personal referral link below to register. There's so many traditional muzzle loading members there that someone is bound to have some additional info. to share about Sitting Fox.

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fu...referral/4225/

I bought a CVA .36 production gun from Sitting Fox. The owner Ray Franks is a nice guy that's easy to talk to and willing to spend plenty of time answering questions. Try to find out as much as you can by talking with him directly.

When someone else was asking about buying a Tennessee Poor Boy from Sitting Fox, several of us did recommend TVM.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...ht=sitting+fox

Last edited by arcticap; April 7, 2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old April 7, 2009, 12:26 PM   #4
sewerman

several years ago i purchased two kits from ray.

he actually went out of his way to obtain the davis lock that i wanted in one kit and didn't add to the price.
i'm still toyng around with the first maple stocked kit.
may end up selling the walnut stocked kit with the davis lock.......
i'd rather shoot and reload then carve and sand.
ray is good, fair, honest and doesn't mind talking with his perspective customers .....i'd give him a five star rating.

sewerman

"They that can give up an essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety!" Benjamin franklin

The Armed Citizen PREVENTS tyranny!