The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 6, 2008, 11:52 PM   #1
jdc48160

Gun belt

I'm looking for a good quality gun belt to be used with my holsters. I have a Blackhawk SERPA CQC for my M&P9 and a DeSantis thumb break scabard for my M&P9c. I would prefer leather, so it doesn't scream "I've got a gun" when I'm out and about if anyone catches a glimpse of my belt.

I'd like a 1.5 inch wide belt in black. That's about my only specifics. Kydex lined would be preferred, as I do carry a bit of extra baggage and my belts tend to roll on me after a while.
Old May 7, 2008, 12:23 AM   #2
Stiofan

I bought one of these from Cabelas and it's pretty good. It's double thinkness so it should last a long time and will hold up a holster real well. A bunch of the reviews indicate they bought theirs for that reason. Due to the thinkness it's pretty stiff, I think that will help with the holsters.

It's under $30 which makes it much cheaper than most gun belts. Available in black or the brown which I bought.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...dexId=cat21174
Old May 11, 2008, 04:32 PM   #3
CourtCop

I bought this one by 511 tactical. It has what they call a permastiff insert within the belt lining for stability. Very well made. 511 Belt
Old May 11, 2008, 04:41 PM   #4
Kreyzhorse

The best belt I've seen, and owned, was from the Beltman. Each one is custom made to your specs and you can have a stiffener added if you think you need it. Various sizes, leather type and colors are available. Only takes about a month from order to door. Awesome belt.

www.thebeltman.net
Old May 11, 2008, 07:24 PM   #5
Rinspeed

I've been very happy with my http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/ belt, I think I've had it over five years now.