The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old September 2, 2009, 05:29 AM   #126
dgludwig

Quote:
Yes, the early Redhawks had a problem with the barrels coming off.
Anybody have a serial number range of the Redhawks affected? I've got an early one and I'd sure hate to have the barrel fall off at the wrong moment (well, ever actually ). Thanks.
Old September 2, 2009, 09:00 AM   #127
Wuchak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgludwig
Anybody have a serial number range of the Redhawks affected? I've got an early one and I'd sure hate to have the barrel fall off at the wrong moment (well, ever actually ). Thanks.
The best thing to do is call Ruger customer service at 928-778-6555 M-F 8-5 MST.
Old September 2, 2009, 06:11 PM   #128
whippoorwill

Quote:
I liken Taurus products to a minefield. There are some people who made it through the field safely to the other side. Meanwhile the field is strewn with the broken bodies of us who who weren't so lucky. When a new guy comes to the edge of the field we wounded call out "stay back, there's danger ahead, take a different path". The guys on the other side tell the newcomer the minefield is perfectly safe and they should just ignore us because we don't know what we are talking about.
Old September 2, 2009, 07:06 PM   #129
ninjatoth

Finally Over

This long unpleasnt experience has come to a good ending.We got ahold of our local sporting goods store FFL,and apparently they got the gun in yesterday,but it was in the back.If your ever in Michigan,check out Jay's sporting goods,they were very good to me,didn't charge me a cent to ship it,I paid nothing to walk out the door with my new gun.Taurus sent what they told me,a stainless 94,and I promptly bought some CCI minimags and went out with 50 rounds.All 50 round went off without a problem,not one misfire.My old 94 would have at least misfired 5 out of 50 with CCIs.Now the task comes to figure out how to get the old gun out of my name,Taurus still has it but it is still legally registered to me.
Old September 2, 2009, 10:28 PM   #130
Beentown71

I thought you sold it at a gunshow

Beentown

Time for the Mall Ninja list:
Beretta 92fs, Springer XD9, High Standard Model HB, RRA bull bbl...aw heck with it time to go plink
Old September 3, 2009, 06:45 PM   #131
ninjatoth

well,I put 200 CCI minimags through it now.50 yesterday and 150 today.Not 1 misfire!I think that is pretty good not just for a handgun,but is great for a .22 of any kind.My Taurus is now Great!
Old September 3, 2009, 07:34 PM   #132
Kreyzhorse

Congrats Ninjatooth. Glad you finally got straight with Taurus. Hope the gun serves you well.
Old September 3, 2009, 07:35 PM   #133
dgludwig

Quote:
I think that is pretty good not just for a handgun,but is great for a .22 of any kind.
Your experience should be par for the course for any decent .22 handgun-nothing to write home about.
Old September 4, 2009, 07:22 AM   #134
1-UP

CCI's are pretty forgiving. Now try the Federal and Remington bulk pack stuff and see how it goes
Old September 5, 2009, 06:28 PM   #135
ninjatoth

Quote:
CCI's are pretty forgiving. Now try the Federal and Remington bulk pack stuff and see how it goes
I am very pleased with the replacement that Taurus sent.I was literally getting 3 misfires for every 9 rounds before I sent it in.Since I got my new gun in I got 200 CCI minimags and fired all without a single misfire,then figured I'd try federal bulk stuff,I shot up half of a 325 pack of those now,and not a single misfire!I have yet to have a single misfire period since I got the gun back,350+ rounds i've put through it.

Tags
taurus