The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 7, 2014, 12:05 AM   #1
SARuger

Pardner SB1 20ga

I was at one of the many local pawn shops today and saw this neat little gun sitting on the rack. The sticker said $145

I offered half that and they accepted. I'm a sucker for any 20ga but that poor little Pardner 20ga was never going home with anyone so I saved it.

What a neat little gun! I wouldn't mind having one for each of my 3 Jeeps just to leave on board for whatever its needed for. This gun shoots really nice. I will pattern it when I get a chance.

Old December 26, 2014, 04:37 PM   #2
rem870hunter

Eek $145.00. I've seen them new for $125.00...bought a used 12ga model for $90.00 plus tax....3" chamber...mod choke. It kicks like a something something. ..even with low brass loads. I put a slip on recoil pad on it and a slip on shell holder...my designated squirrel gun and backup to my backup deer gun
Old December 26, 2014, 10:41 PM   #3
SARuger

I might be getting another one just like this one. Im working a deal out with the pawn shop now on a JC Higgins 20ga pump. He said he has a SB1 20ga getting ready to come out off of pawn. Says I can have it for same price as this one. I like these guns. Recoil doesnt bother me too much
Old December 26, 2014, 11:52 PM   #4
Blindstitch

They're great guns and he's probably still making cash off half price on the pawn.
Old December 27, 2014, 12:02 AM   #5
SARuger

He is, he showed me the paperwork. He is doubling his money at $80. Most honest pawn broker I know. He is selling me the Higgins with very little profit, $20.
Old December 27, 2014, 12:29 AM   #6
Blindstitch

That's one Pawn Broker to watch. You never know when something really nice will walk in and have to go home with you. For $80 I would have took that 20 gauge too but he would also have to sell me another gun safe as i'm out of room.

That's what happens when you run into good honest people willing to deal.