The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 18, 2013, 01:31 PM   #26
Nick_C_S

I never really gave it much thought because I only use plated bullets with semi-auto's that use a taper crimp.

All my revolver stuff is jacketed (and straight lead, of course).

It's not a rule of mine or anything; just never bought any plated revolver bullets before. As I'm thinking of it now though, I'd probably shy away from doing so.
Old August 18, 2013, 06:02 PM   #27
Hammerhead

I just got back from shooting some more Rainier .357/158 FP's in my GP100 with 6.5 grains of SR-4765, WSPM magnum primers and a firm crimp. Enough crimp that you could see the bullet deform slightly at the case mouth. Excellent performance, no fouling at all, copper, lead or other. Should have been right around 1,000 fps.
Rainiers and Berry's are both very good bullets as long as you handle them right and don't load them too light or too heavy.