The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 15, 2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Xfire68

My Hornady Case feeder came in the mail today!

Well I was really looking forward to getting the case feeder to speed up my decapping of the brass I sell.

Well it came today and I have to give Midwest Hunter's Outlet 2 thumbs up for getting my items to me as soon as possible. They sent the shell plate I ordered out first by US Mail and the case feeder was not in their warehouse and had to be shipped to it from another location. When they got it in they sent it Fed X Overnight Saturday delivery with no extra charges for shipping! WOW! I know how much extra that costs and I am grateful!

I was a bit worried about ordering from them the first time on a $300+ order but they did what they said they would do and then some.

Now on to the case feeder? Well I am not to happy with it so far. I set it up by the book and was tuning it using 9mm cases just decapping them. I had a number of jams and some cases dropping on my head from the bowl mouth. I switched to .40 S&W and it went about the same except the case feed cut out switch just up and failed! After only 300 9mm and 150 .40 the switch went limp and the feeder would no longer turn on. I know it is a simple fix by replacing the switch but, man oh man I was not expecting this to break so soon!:barf:

I will update once I have had a real chance to run some brass through it!

Last edited by Xfire68; January 15, 2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old January 19, 2011, 12:37 AM   #2
Xfire68

Well I am updating my post a little bit.

I called Hornady on Monday and they are sending out a Micro switch to fix the one that did not even last 2 hours! The girl on the phone was friendly and did not waste any time getting my part ordered. So far Hornady gets a A++ on customer service.

I bypassed the micro switch so I could use the feeder while waiting for the new switch and although it's not perfect it does save me a ton of time when decapping brass! Less time spent is always better in my book.

I also got my new sorting "Buckets" in today and they make a huge difference in time sorting! I am a happy camper now!!!