The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 29, 2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Venom1956

Broken BLR replacement stocks?

I need to replace the rear stock on a BLR I was curious if there was a place that sold aftermarket composite stocks or the Gray laminate thats on the SS rifle?

Any help or info would be great!

Thanks
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old November 30, 2010, 08:36 AM   #2
mapsjanhere

Brownell's has a replacement, but it's a whopping $371.
Old November 30, 2010, 11:29 AM   #3
Venom1956

HOLY SWEET LORD! I've been diggin all over the internets... It's a fine rifle I cannot believe that someone hasn't made a synthetic after market stock for it? I mean wood is nice but can't be plastic in the cold and snow.

Could you post me a link to that brownells part? Is that the Gray Laminate or the standard wood stock? Is it just the rear stock or both front and rear pieces?

Thanks for the reply.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old November 30, 2010, 01:06 PM   #4
mapsjanhere

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0...arch=blr_stock
The forearm is another $120, what means you should get the rest of the rifle for about $300 .
Found you an aftermarket, doesn't save much money so
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=203766324
Old November 30, 2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Venom1956

Thanks so much! Mine is a straight grip so that after market won't work. I just looking for a synthetic instead of wood just for the elements.
Old November 30, 2010, 05:27 PM   #6
oneounceload

Try Browning, Art's in Missouri, among others....stocks aren't cheap - I was quoted $750 for a Browning shotgun replacement stock, not including the forearm, grade I............
Old November 30, 2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Venom1956

Called Browning. The parts are no longer carried there. they sent me to Midwest Gun Works. They helped me over the phone got EVERYTHING I needed even when part#s didn't match. I was VERY happy with their service. Even offered to match a replacement stock if I wanted to send my foreend in.
Old November 30, 2010, 06:50 PM   #8
mapsjanhere

Congratulations, that worked out well. How much did it set you back?
Old December 1, 2010, 02:37 AM   #9
Venom1956

With the stock and all the parts that were damaged just under 200 bucks. So far I unaware if anything else is damaged. I tossed in a few old style buckmark buffers cause i need some.