The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 8, 2007, 10:23 AM   #26
OlderFox

???????????

All you have to do is rinse it off, let it air dry or you can put it in the oven at 150F and it's ready in 20 minutes.

Here goes,
this will either add to or detract from this thread.

As per the above quote. What about the dissolved solids left behind inside the case after drying??? Do you use demineralized, deionized, or distilled water for rinsing??
If you cannot answer yes to the question, you are leaving, most likely, calcium, magnesium, iron and what ever else the water contains in the case. Barrel blasting with above cannot be good.

Oh, you say, the compounds above are burned, perhaps. Well, so will any hull, cob or additives used in the tumbling process be burned.

IMHO, it doesn't matter what you do. It is probably just fine.
**ducking for cover**

Cheers
Old February 8, 2007, 10:41 AM   #27
ECLIPSE45ACP

I use this stuff called Mater Formula. They sell it on the internet. I got mine at a local autoshow, it works really well, no abrasives or ammonia, it is actually waterbased I believe. It seems to work well.