The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old December 16, 2007, 06:35 PM   #1
Thompkins

Anschutz .22 semi-auto Rifles

Does any one have any information on Anschutz .22 semi-auto rifles?
I don't believe that Anschutz actually made the semi-auto's themselves, does anyone know who made them for Anschutz and years of production?
I think Anschutz stopped listing a semi-auto in their catalog this year.
Thanks for your help.
Thompkins
Old December 16, 2007, 06:41 PM   #2
Jim Watson

The only Anschutz .22 auto I ever saw was a dead ringer for the Weatherby XXII auto but with plainer stock. I do not recall if it were from Weatherby's Italian source or their Japanese maker.
Old December 17, 2007, 11:32 AM   #3
Steven Mace

This is the Anschutz semi-auto I'm familiar with, the Model 525. Last imported to the USA in about 1995.

Steve Mace
Old November 2, 2008, 08:48 AM   #4
Waldo Pepper

Here is my 520 production was stopped in about 1984 and then 525 replaced the 520 model and the 525 was banned under the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban because of removable two piece stock and removable box magazine.

Here is my new unfired 520 I found last week second up from bottom. If I don't find a spare magazine it may become trading material or sold. Shown is Browning T-bolt Target/Varmint, Marlin 981T, Anschutz 520, and Savage 23A Sporter made by Anschutz.

Interesting facts about the Savage is it has a hammber forged heavy barrel that really a little on heavy side for hunting in the step Ozark hills of Missouri as is the T-bolt. Below is the real go to the woods gun, Mossberg 142A my father bought for me new in summmer of 1952 for my birthday. It has an 18" heavy barrel (no extra barrel to slow down bullet) and OAL of 37" and is light and short making it easy to carry in heavy woods and brush in those Ozark hills.

Old November 18, 2008, 09:10 AM   #5
Kormoran29

Magazine ANSCHÜTZ 520

Hi,
I can find a Magazine for your 22LR Anschütz
Price would be 80,00 $ shipping included.
Payment should be through PAYPAL
If you are interested please send me an Email :
[email protected]
Regards
Jean-Claude
Old November 18, 2008, 10:11 AM   #6
Waldo Pepper

JC thanks for the offer, but I do not use PayPal and besides I haven't made my mind up if the gun is going to be kept as yet. Part of the problem is expence of spare magazine, I have found a source for $65+ shipping, and still have not bought one for the gun. I am also not turned on with the looks of the rifle and its weight, but then looks and a little extra weight is not much of an excuse to get rid of or buy a rifle like this. So as you can see it is still being decided on.
Old January 17, 2009, 05:40 PM   #7
theflyinggenius

Wanted Desperately Anchutz 520 !

Hi there I have been looking for a Anchutz 520 for a very long time if you decide to part with the very sweet rifle please consider me.
I will arrange shipping and export requirements, it would have a good home here in the UK, Regards [email protected]
Old January 17, 2009, 07:15 PM   #8
Waldo Pepper

Sorry man it is already spoken for to a member here, and he will be coming to get it when the weather clears.

That being said they are rather few and far between on this side of the pond also, never seen one for sale before I bought the gun. I have since seen one that is in rather sad shape, mine is new and has less then one box fired (Winchester T-22 target ammo) through the rifle. Mine has no scratches or nicks as it has never been in the woods and to the range one time.

On a side note still no magazine available and that was one reason why I decided to go ahead and let it go. Also just too nice of a collector item and I like to shoot, but I have six 22 rifles besides the 520 and did not need it. I sold it to a guy who is a collector and competive target shooter who will give it a good home.