The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 23, 2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Venom1956

Kahr aftermarket adjustable sights?

Does anyone know if someone makes a fully adjustable rear sight for Kahrs dovetail? I don't think so but I figure someone here knows for sure.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old November 23, 2012, 06:29 PM   #2
PSP

If available, the Kahr web site would have them for sale I would guess. Try there.
Old November 23, 2012, 07:40 PM   #3
Dfariswheel

I don't think anyone ever made an adjustable rear sight for the Kahr that could use the standard front sight.

If the gun isn't targeting, you move the rear sight for windage and I think Kahr sells higher or lower front sights.
Old November 23, 2012, 09:00 PM   #4
Venom1956

no gun works perfectly fine. I just obviously want to mess with it now.

I've just never seen adj rears for Kahr pistols and was curious if such a sight existed.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old November 24, 2012, 12:16 PM   #5
chris in va

Not that I've seen. It would make sense on a T9 though.
Old November 24, 2012, 06:02 PM   #6
Venom1956

Quote:
Not that I've seen. It would make sense on a T9 though.
Kinda what I was thinking.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/meprolig...ht-sights.html

whatcha think bout these?

Last edited by Venom1956; November 24, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old November 24, 2012, 07:27 PM   #7
PSP

I have tru-dots on several pistols, one of which is a Kahr K9. I really like these because they are very easy to pick up in day light, due to the white outline of the tritium vial. Good sights. Kahrs are notoriously hard to replace sights on, as they are very tight. The front sight in particular has little to push on.
Old November 24, 2012, 07:52 PM   #8
laytonj1

A company by the name of MMC used to make adjustable rear sights that fit Kahrs. I had a set on my K40.
They are no longer in business though.

Jim
Old November 28, 2012, 05:09 PM   #9
Venom1956

well i guess that sight is adjustable for elevation but needs to be drifted to adjust windage... Something worth considering I suppose?