The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old August 9, 2011, 03:47 PM   #26
aarondhgraham

Hello 8shot357,,,

Is that mini the .22 short version?

My memory may be faulty,,,
But I thought the belt buckle only fit the .22 short model.

Aarond
Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old August 9, 2011, 08:38 PM   #27
8shot357

It's the short version on the 22 LR mini 1-1/8th inch barrel.

Quote:
And to the guy/walmart shuffle. Sounds very immature to me. I hope you do carry a snuggle or something else, that lil gun will prob just get you a-- whooped
Can't read much? If you can read, I wasn't doing the Walmart shuffle what ever that is, I was shopping with one of those push things called cart's?

No, I bring other toys though, if that's what you want to call them. 100,000volt toys, special eyeball and face spray toy's, those are really fun, 38spl +P hp toys. Should I keep going? You can be the first in line if you like to play a-- whooping.
Old August 9, 2011, 09:56 PM   #28
TMUSCLE1

Touchy crowd...if open carry is allowed it is your right. Do as you please.
Old August 9, 2011, 10:15 PM   #29
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
...if open carry is allowed it is your right.
Since when are rights "allowed?"
Old August 10, 2011, 07:17 AM   #30
Stressfire

Quote:
Since when are rights "allowed?"
heh, you wouldn't think so....
Old August 10, 2011, 11:27 AM   #31
farmerboy

8shot357 ok im sorry for saying what i believe, now can we hug and make up????
Old August 10, 2011, 12:59 PM   #32
old bear

Quote:
I agree think it's a joke but still don't get open carry when you can unless you are LEO and on duty. Just my thinking
AA +1...
Old August 10, 2011, 01:08 PM   #33
Skans

I sort of like that belt buckle gun thing.
Old August 10, 2011, 02:25 PM   #34
markj

Quote:
I sort of like that belt buckle gun thing.
I for one, as a true farmer, would not wish to be shot by one. Us real farmers keep a real 22 in the tractor for the varmints we encounter, a 22 is a killer for sure. But those dont know em talk trash about em, heh must be youth or sumpting.

Hidden in plain sight knda thing, I like it.
Old August 10, 2011, 07:44 PM   #35
farmerboy

It is everyones right to do as they please as long as its legal or pay the price if you get caught, everyone knows that. And as far as the 22/belt buckle thing, I think theyre cute too just too over priced for me. And to the "real farmer" Yea you carry that 22 in your tractor and see a coyote at say 75 yards well even 20 yards and let me watch you shoot it. haha Id love to have it on hand if someone was physically assaulting me and I didnt have anything else but if I could have a pistol of my choice id also pick another one real quick too. Just me I guess but enjoy your gun....
Old August 10, 2011, 08:25 PM   #36
8shot357

A real 22, like my Ruger 10/22? I haven't found a belt buckle for it yet, but, if they did it would be kind of weird looking. You'd be required by law to put a red flag on the end.

Well, it was/is to kept under my un-tucked shirt, as that's how I wear my shirts most of the time. I have a CCW permit, but if I didn't, I'd have to open carry it, but I do have a choice unlike other states. Now you see it, now you don't.
Old August 10, 2011, 09:29 PM   #37
8shot357

Quote:
haha Id love to have it on hand if someone was physically assaulting me and I didnt have anything else but if I could have a pistol of my choice id also pick another one real quick too. Just me I guess but enjoy your gun....
It's a two'fr, or a three'fr. The belt buckle can be used as a weapom also, and hold up my pant's but, not at the same time. Can you see a guy beating another guy with his pants at his ankle's?
Old August 11, 2011, 04:06 PM   #38
markj

Quote:
see a coyote at say 75 yards well even 20 yards and let me watch you shoot it. haha
Geez I shot more yotes at 20 yards..... have you ever shot a gun?

My 22 revolver is also good for 20 or even 40 yards. The 22 is small, like a needle it will penetrate deep and a fmj gets the job done. Want to watch me kill a steer with a 22 short? done it many times. I live on a farm, raised on a farm, the 22 is the best gun for many tasks. I would carry one and feel well armed if I didnt carry a 1911.

The naa 22 mag is another I would carry, packs a whoolop. I find it best to not make fun of others choice of weapon, they may ask you to go to a range and spank the pants off you on targets
Old August 11, 2011, 07:48 PM   #39
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Us real farmers keep a real 22 ...
Holy cow you know the stakes are miniscule when somebody downplays apparent lesser guns starts chest thumping about his real 22!!

I don't care who you are. That is just funny right there. You go farm boy!
Old August 11, 2011, 08:35 PM   #40
dreamweaver

i have one of the original production and have worn it multiple times.
i still have my 9mm concealed, but i like OC, just because i can.

Old August 11, 2011, 08:37 PM   #41
poolmedic

I have the NAA fold up 22 mag. and love it as a carry weapon. It fits inside my pocket and looks like one of the fold up utility knives from the outside. Also, I like the hammer safety position between chambers. Still working on getting the thing open as I draw (unloaded of course). The barrel is really short so it isn't accurate at long range, but up close, with the .22 magnum load, look out. Mine also came with the .22 LR cylinder which works well at the range.
Old August 11, 2011, 09:31 PM   #42
chadstrickland

Ill vouch for a 22lr being extremely deadly any day of the week. But if I was ever shot by a belt buckle gun I may just take my knife and stick it in the bullet whole and swear I was stabbed just to keep for being embarrassed. If I lived, the jokes would never end at the shop where I work. " a man took off his belt buckle and shot you"...nope I would just get stabbed.
Two weapons that was designed by the same man still in use by the us military 100 years later...1911 and m2...is there anything that comes close.....lol annd maybe perhaps a sig sauer p226 tac ops edition..
Old August 12, 2011, 02:21 PM   #43
markj

Quote:
But if I was ever shot by a belt buckle gun I may just take my knife and stick it in the bullet whole and swear I was stabbed just to keep for being embarrassed.
Thats funny right there, I dont care who you are

Jethro, we out in the country do have 22s we also have larger guns but the ammo costs more and the feds wont suppliment this so we have to use the cheapest round we can or them durn food prices will surely go up... and when you can hit the target the round isnt all that important, just ask James, James Bond

I find it so very funny when guys discount the 22. But hey, I cant change anyones opinion. They need to go out and do on their own. Then they say, damn that killed it right there......
Old August 12, 2011, 04:03 PM   #44
cracked91

Quote:
I find it so very funny when guys discount the 22.
+1

I once had a coworker ask me, "if you shot someone from here to that wall (about 15 yards) with a .22, do you think it could like seriously hurt them?"

I replied, "take the shank from that #2 phillips screwdriver and run it all the way through your body, and tell me if you are like seriously hurt."

Being a moderately intelligent person, I recognize the superiority of other cartridges, but I have never met a .22 basher who has been shot by one or is volunteering to do so.
Old August 12, 2011, 05:09 PM   #45
Polynikes

Farmerboy:
Quote:
Not a fan at all of open carry even if you could. If something happened youd be a for sure target. carry conceiled and you are an indivual Joe until threat is eliminated. I wear a gun open at work (Police) but conceiled off duty to blend in and rock someones world when and if I have to.
The Open Carry Argument A worthwhile read if you have a few minutes to spare.
Old August 12, 2011, 05:18 PM   #46
dalegribble

i would buy one of those in a heartbeat. i remember them from many years ago and always wanted one. i'm not sure they are practical in any real sense of the word but damn that is a cool belt buckle. are they still selling them "new" or is that an original?
Old August 12, 2011, 05:28 PM   #47
farmerboy

Wow, yes read it if you ever get time, ALOT of time. haha dont have that kind of time. Listen, conceiled carry is not for everyone, most dont even arm themselves out or at home. Alot of people who say they arm themselves at home have their unloaded guns locked in a safe or put away. Some dont even have guns they think they will just call the cops and wait. To each their own. I will now and after this post still do and believe the way I choose after this post. (I like to carry conceiled) for my reasons. In the last two weeks on running traffic I only pulled over two individuals who had a conceiled license (one was last night) This is Texas where alot of people are suppose to be gun fanatics. Anyway Its sad to me so many choose not to arm themselves esp. in a world turning into what it is becoming. Yes, I can open carry in the 50 states, but I choose to carry conceal off duty. Seen ones that gotten raped, cut, shot , robbed and even killed and wonder how things would have turned out if they would have been armed and actually been proficent and not just toting a gun. who knows maybe its just your time, then youd better have your life right with the lord! anyway, this way works best for me!!!
Old August 12, 2011, 05:32 PM   #48
farmerboy

o yea, we can read all the surveys, however true or false they may seem. are watch the news (i never do) havent in years because its so chopped and twisted to make a story for ratings not for truth! so I say to pick a way that works for you and for your piece of mind. and practice, practice and more practice..
Old August 12, 2011, 06:45 PM   #49
8shot357

Quote:
i would buy one of those in a heartbeat. i remember them from many years ago and always wanted one. i'm not sure they are practical in any real sense of the word but damn that is a cool belt buckle. are they still selling them "new" or is that an original?
NAA just came out with the new retention design, it's a flip over lever like in my photo. It also has a strong magnet that holds the gun even without the flip over lever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gun Naa new buckle.jpg (16.9 KB, 29 views)
Old August 12, 2011, 06:57 PM   #50
farmerboy

those are very cool gun/belt buckle combo but still alittle pricey for me. Practical/questionable. and to the dummies that I said earlier that a 22 is not accurate, go back and read the posts. I said that cute little naa pistol Id like to see someone shoot a coyote at 20 yds or 75 yds away. (not happening)! rifle 22 you bet, I killed many deer with a 22 long rifle. 90 yds aint to thing!!! In a survival rifle, Id take a 22 anyday. Just think of the ammo you could pack
Closed Thread