The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 3, 1999, 11:12 PM   #1
Bob S

I have a Ram-line 30 round magazine for my Ruger 10/22 rifle. Unfortunately, I recently dropped my rifle with the mag in it, which broke off the small round protuding pin (or rod?) that holds the magazine in the magazine well. Does anyone know if Ramline will repair or replace such a preban mag? Does anyone know how to contact ramline? Can this even be fixed? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I just recently found out how much it will cost to replace with another preban mag, so I REALLY need the advice!! (I cant see spending $50 - $75 on a new mag that cost me $7.50 to buy originally.)
Old October 4, 1999, 08:48 AM   #2
Nakano

Bob S., I believe you are SOL! Those plastic mags are not repairable as even contact with Gun Scrubber can literally MELT the entire unit starting at the seams! I learned this years ago while attempting to blast out the buildup in the mag. Ram Line simply replaced them for me but the hi caps are long gone and if you can find them at shows, you would be extremely lucky, but at a high price as you' ve feared. As for contact, I believe they were bought out by Butler Creek/ Uncle Mikes or something to that effect. Good Luck!

L8r,
Nakano
Old October 4, 1999, 09:20 AM   #3
Bill Hebert

Ram Line was bought by Blount. You can find out how to contact them by going to the Blount www site. They will replace the thirty with two tens - but that's as far as they will go. Thank your politicians for protecting you from such evil products! I've been trying to make one magazine out of two damaged ones and have had some sucess - so email me if you want to sell or trade for it.