The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 18, 2005, 01:09 PM   #1
bergie

Savage 99 ? on sear screw nut

Just picked up a 99 in .300 Savage, supposed to have been made in '51, serial number 7285xx. Didn't notice it when first looking it over, but the sear screw nut is missing. Found a place that has parts diagrams for several models of the 99 and they list the part # as being the same. However, when I went to the gunpartscorp website to order it, they list different part numbers for the different models. Question is, are they the same part just numbered differently by them, or are they different? If they are different, what model do I have so I can order the right nut?
thanks
bergie
Old November 18, 2005, 02:38 PM   #2
cntryboy1289

call them

I would suggest a phone call to them and give them the model and serial number and let them help you with this.
Old November 18, 2005, 03:28 PM   #3
bergie

Well, I did call them, it is the same part, they just have them listed differently so that you can look for the specific model and then the part is listed for that specific model. They have that same nut listed 6 times with a different alpha suffix for the different variations. Also ordered their new catalog, and did the NRA roundup.
Anyway, if anyone can help as to the specific type of 99 that I have that would be appreciated.
bergie
Old November 22, 2005, 07:02 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

Since there is no difference in the part, the model you have is not really relevant to ordering the part. There were several variations, but most did not reflect any change in the basic receiver. The only real differences were the takedown model vs. non-takedown, and the later detachable magazine models.

Jim