The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 17, 2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Dilligaf

Simply Rugged Holsters: Anyone deal with this guy?

I put an order in 6 weeks ago, not a word since.

Sent him an email 3 weeks ago, asking for an ETA (1 month, 4 months, whatever) no answer to my email.

Has anyone dealt with this guy? Should I be worried?

http://www.simplyrugged.com/
Old February 17, 2008, 10:36 PM   #2
Willis

Mine took 17 week to come. He did answer my emails. It would be nice to get a time from him. He told me when I ordered it that it would take 10 weeks.

Willis
Old February 17, 2008, 11:15 PM   #3
Dilligaf

I have not even had an acknowledgment that he got my money, much less anything else.

I guess I will give him a call and see if that helps.
Old February 17, 2008, 11:36 PM   #4
Sarge

I will vouch for Rob. He may be swamped but you will get your holster and it will be a first-class piece of gunleather, when you do.
Old February 18, 2008, 08:19 AM   #5
Dilligaf

I don't have a problem waiting, I just think his business practices could use some polish.
Old February 18, 2008, 10:37 AM   #6
Sarge

(907) 357-6521
Old February 19, 2008, 01:34 AM   #7
leahy

shoot me an e-mail or pick up the phone

I'll get it taken care of.
Rob Leahy
[email protected]
Old February 19, 2008, 06:34 PM   #8
Dilligaf

Thanks Rob!

I DO understand about being busy, I just wanted to make sure you got the order and get a general ballpark about when I should start looking for it in the mail.

I answered your PM with the ordering info.

Thanks for following up on this for me!
Old March 13, 2008, 01:54 AM   #9
pullnshoot25

Great guy. Ordered a belt, speedloader pouch, versatile pouch and holster for my Tracker .44 and it was done really quick. Unfortunately, it did not have the inside-out straps or the removable retention strap that I ordered, so Rob gave gave me a 40 dollar credit. So I ordered another one for my Single Six, plus a edge guard for my tomahawk. Cant have the girlfriend trying to be playful and getting cut like she did that one time I think I will eventually get one for the Mark II.

Anyways, his holsters totally kick ass and I love wearing mine, even if I do live in Kalifornia and its open carry and I have to be 1000' from a school at all times.

Can't wait to get the Single Six holster so I can go hunting at my favorite dairy.
Old March 13, 2008, 02:14 AM   #10
oldbillthundercheif

CA has open carry?

Must be a holdout from the old west days. You must be out in the stix, eh?
Old March 13, 2008, 03:07 AM   #11
pullnshoot25

I actually do kind of live out in the sticks, but I do carry in town. I live within 5min of the mall and 10 of a hospital, so I am not that far out, but I do live on 1.9 acres of orange grove, which is really nice.

We have open carry. Gun has to be unloaded, can't be within 1000' of a school property unless gun is in a locked case, can't open carry in a car but it has to be in a locked case in the trunk, etc.

I do it to raise awareness about our rights to keep and bear arms and to help promote better CCW legislation.

Last edited by JohnKSa; October 4, 2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: ...
Old October 3, 2010, 02:07 AM   #12
lrambert

Siomply Rugged Holsters

I am surprised at the customer service you received. I ordered two holsters less than two weeks ago and already received them. BYW, the quality was excellent. This may have been a one time problem.

Linda Ambert
Old October 3, 2010, 02:25 AM   #13
Alaska444

I have two holsters from Rob and they are excellent. Service was what he advertised. Worth the wait for sure.
Old October 3, 2010, 10:18 AM   #14
SwampYankee
Registration in progress

This is kind of a zombie thread but since excellent service is always praiseworthy I will affirm that Simply Rugged has a great product and excellent service. I've been hemming and hawing about buying one of Rob Leahy's holsters for at least a year and finally did a little while back. It showed up within two weeks of my order! I suspect is was a slightly unusual order, I'm sure it was not sitting around before hand, and it is just gorgeous.

Great product and phenomenal service (2 weeks- custom made!)
Old December 24, 2010, 02:07 PM   #15
rosierugber

Just received a silver dollar pancake for a J frame S&W. Great price and got the holster in 2-3 weeks with no problem. Holster is everything I expected and seems to be made for many years of use with strong leather and good stiching. Did not see need for fancy schmancy--it's a holster dude and it is hidden. Very comfortable right out of the box--do not even know it is there. Best thing is how the belt goes over the outside of holster so as you tighten the belt you bring the holster right into your body for minimal and essentially no print. Also like the double slots that allow me to wear canted crossdraw (which I like) or straight up on strong side if I should feel like it. You cannot go wrong with this holster.
Old December 25, 2010, 12:15 PM   #16
685cmj

Really surprised to hear about your trouble. I ordered the same pancake holster for a J-frame--they shipped in about a week. I was astounded and delighted! And everything I have heard about Rob is top-notch.
Old December 25, 2010, 01:13 PM   #17
MLeake

I've probably ordered a dozen holsters and two belts from Simply Rugged. Average delivery has been under two weeks.

Orders around Thanksgiving and Christmas often take a lot longer with distributors in general, though.

I do recommend phone calls over emails, especially at this time of year.
Old December 27, 2010, 04:33 PM   #18
pmeisel

I've been putting off ordering mostly because I can't make up my mind what to order first! A couple guns need new clothes....
Old December 27, 2010, 05:39 PM   #19
Rifleman1776

They remind me of Roy's Leather Goods "Pancake" holsters. Roy went out of business about 15 years ago. Good designed products. I tried to partner up with a local businessman/friend to buy the business but he was leery of 'gun stuff'.
I have one of the Roy's Pancakes and really like it after many years of use.
Glad to see the designs are still available and, reportedly, good quality. Hope he stays in business.