The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 8, 2007, 04:00 PM   #1
BoneDigger

Budsgunshop.com A+++

I received my Tracker .22 today from Buds. It took approximately 1 week to receive it after ordering it. It is as described and the transaction went very smoothly. Good place to do business with.

Todd
Old June 8, 2007, 04:41 PM   #2
hammergunworks

I have bought 5 guns from Buds and all went well, Good place to deal with.
Old June 8, 2007, 11:03 PM   #3
Johnywinslow

thx IM lookin to place an order if i can sell my beretta, but from what ive seen buds has best prices period.
Old June 15, 2007, 10:19 PM   #4
G-17

Bud's is the best gunshops I've been in. Extremely fair pricing and probably one of the best selections found anywhere.
Old June 22, 2007, 07:28 PM   #5
Indrid Cold

I can vouch for them too - awesome people to deal with. No hassle, no problem, and more than fair pricing. I absolutely will deal with them again.

Sun-tzu, The Art of War
Old August 6, 2007, 11:55 PM   #6
jhansman

Affimative on Buds being a top line store. I just bought a Savage Model 12 from them; best price on the web, shipped the same day I paid, and several emails from them confirming purchase and shipping. Excellent service!
Old August 8, 2007, 12:01 PM   #7
Kentucky Deer Hunter

Excellent!!!

I have bought several guns from there as I live less than 1 mile from their store. It is a great place to shop and I always check their website for great deals. Plus they have a great shooting range to boot. If you are ever close to Paris, Ky (or Lexington, Ky) it would be worth your time to drop in their retail store. It is their website, except in REAL LIFE!!!!

Imagine if every outdoorsman taught the sport to 2 young people -----> What are you doing to save our sport?
Old September 8, 2007, 10:13 PM   #8
RED DER

Personnel Problems?

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I've bought several guns through Bud's and until recently would have rated them A++++. That said my recent experiences leave me wondering if they aren't having some personnel issues.

On July 16th I ordered a rifle to be sent to my brother-in-law in Michigan (boy, isn't he lucky!!!). On the 19th I got an email from the carrier that the gun shipped UPS. On the 21st I got an email from Bud's saying the gun was "shipping". Uhhhhh, okay. (My brother-in-law received the gun on the 21st!).

On August 21st I ordered a CZ75B for myself and sent a check that very same day. My check cleared the bank on the 28th.

On Sept 1 I got an email from Bud's that said my gun had "shipped". Now here's the strangest part.....the notice was for the gun that my brother-in-law received back on the 21st of July. Not only that, the notice claimed it had shipped USPS but had a UPS tracking number!

Yesterday, the 7th, I received an email from Bud's saying that my gun, the CZ, was "shipping".......ten days after my check had cleared the bank. What really got me was that on the very top of their email it said, and I quote, "Do not reply to this message, because any reply would be automatically discarded." On the bottom of the email it had this "Please reply to this email if you have any questions".

I think they are beginning to have serious internal issues and it's underscored by the fact that they recently increased the price of all their guns by $30 and advertise Free Shipping (I've got a UPS account and I can tell you that about $20 of that is profit for them).

I'm in the market for another purchase and as I look around at the other internet dealers Bud's suddenly doesn't look so attractive. Where Bud's used to charge $30 for shipping/handling others are now charging $20.
And their screwy communications, at least for my last two purchases, sort of makes me "gun shy". I'm not saying the products are suffering but the quality of their service sure leaves a lot to be desired. It would be interesting to hear if anybody else has had similar problems. Or, it could be that it's just my turn in the barrel.
Old September 8, 2007, 11:51 PM   #9
glockman19

I like buds. I've only bought one gun so far but I do have my BudsGunShop GE money Sport Card and will be ordering another one in the next week or two.

Good prices fast delivery and nice Customer Service.
Old September 10, 2007, 10:57 AM   #10
Alnamvet

I have bought several guns from Bud's...each transaction smoother than the last...each and every time, I saved well over 25% after all costs are considered...local shops just don't get it.

Glock...the AK-47 of pistols.
Old September 10, 2007, 07:41 PM   #11
gc70

Not always good

I wrote:
I received my order today; it contained the wrong rings. I realize the error was because the outside of the package has a sticker that says CZ 452. However, the label inside the package says CZ 527 and the rings themselves are clearly marked CZ 527.

Please advise as to how you would like for me to return the CZ 527 rings and get the CZ 452 rings I ordered.
BudsGunShop.Com wrote:
Sir,
You would need to contact CZ, they will send you the right rings, because we do not take out the rings, they come straight from the manufacturer, so if you have any problems, contact us and we will help you all we can