The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 1, 2008, 02:11 PM   #1
noelf2

Alliant Powder recipes guide

The Alliant online loads recipes guide is still offline for updates, but they just posted their reloader's guide (with latest recipes) in .pdf format on the site for now. Here's the link to the pdf if you need it.

http://glarp.atk.com/2008/2008_Catal...derCatalog.pdf
Old August 1, 2008, 04:56 PM   #2
Loader9

Thanks for the link. After reviewing some of the cartridges I load for, I think I'll be looking into Ramshot powders. Ramshot is the old Western Powder company and you've used a lot of their powders known by Hodgdon names. Price is cheaper too. Of the ones I looked at before I got in a hissy, the following have changed from printed data that I have from them.

22 Hornet. I'm loading 12.0 grs 2400 as max load with a 40 gr Sierra HP. New data says 9.1 grs max.

357 Mag. I'm loading 8.4 grs Unique under a Speer 146 gr SWC JHP. New data for a 140 HP is 8.0 grs so I guess I'm now about .06-.7 grs over max....just over night and I'm over max.

45 ACP. I'm loading 8.0 grs Unique under a 200 Gr HP and the new data is at 7.3. So again I'm over max...just over night.

Not to steal the thread but is anybody having any GREAT success with any of the Ramshot powders in pistol cases? I consider a load as acceptable if it shoots an inch group at 25 yds from bags. Any group bigger and it needs work. I have Accurate powders but if I can save a few bucks with the Ramshot, why not.
Old August 1, 2008, 09:55 PM   #3
noelf2

I'm going to a gun show tomorrow and plan to look for some True Blue since I load 9mm, 38, 357 and 45 colt. If they don't have any there, I can get some at the range near where I live. I use a lot of Unique as well, so it will be interesting to compare.