The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 13, 2013, 04:08 PM   #1
Adamantium

Plated bullets in stock at Powder Valley

Powder Valley is now showing a variety of Berrys Bullets in stock for 9mm, 38/357, 40 and 45. Prices are very close if not the same compared to a few months ago.

They are also showing a variety of Hodgdon powders including H335 and 1lb cans of Varget.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/
Old February 13, 2013, 06:08 PM   #2
david_r

Hmmmm. It's the Russian roulette shipping waiting game. Where do you place your bet?
Old February 13, 2013, 06:15 PM   #3
ScottRiqui

Well, the *in-stock* primers that I ordered from Powder Valley on January 14th arrived February 8th, so the wait wasn't too long. I don't know if it's gotten significantly longer since then, though.

If PV has the bullets in stock, ordering from them today will probably get the bullets in your hands faster than waiting for them to show up someplace else and then placing your order.
Old February 13, 2013, 06:26 PM   #4
Adamantium

I agree, this goes hand in hand with the saying "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". If shooting is important to you there are two good reasons to pass up on a reloading component you need that is being sold for a good price. Either it is not financially responsible to be spending money right now or you have more than one years supply. YMMV
Old February 13, 2013, 07:38 PM   #5
david_r

There are a lot of people out there with back orders. If there weren't, every bullet supplier out there wouldn't have shut down their ordering. Those are basically black holes as far as when they are going to ship. So, do I order from PV and hope they ship on 3/6 or hope that MG sends me my bullets 25 days after I ordered them? There's my dilemma
Old February 13, 2013, 07:54 PM   #6
Adamantium

The longer you wait the less of a dilemma it is because PV will be out of stock of almost everything 9/40/45 by tomorrow. Your problem is almost solved.
Old February 13, 2013, 08:25 PM   #7
dickttx

Yep, what is available at PV in the morning probably isn't in the afternoon. Or vise versa.
They have been that way on primers for close to a year. I have always got the primers I wanted within a short period of time. I ordered primers and powder last April, October, and December. I don't believe they showed everything I wanted the first time I looked any of the times I ordered. But a few hours or days later they had it.
I can visualize big semi's unloading at one door while UPS is loading at another door.
Old February 13, 2013, 09:02 PM   #8
serf 'rett

No Joy

Not a single one of the seven types I normally use were available in 1000 or 500 piece boxes.
Old February 13, 2013, 10:16 PM   #9
david_r

Quote:
The longer you wait the less of a dilemma it is because PV will be out of stock of almost everything 9/40/45 by tomorrow. Your problem is almost solved.
Old February 14, 2013, 10:09 PM   #10
Hoosier_Daddy

Powder Valley's stock went quick. I ordered an item that showed available. Now they inform me that the item was not available and blamed me for ordering an item not available. I could understand that the stock was gone if their web site would show that, but put the blame on me for ordering an out of stock item that showed available???

Last edited by Hoosier_Daddy; February 15, 2013 at 11:48 PM.