The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old April 6, 2014, 03:44 PM   #1
Waspinator

Came Across a New Dan Wesson Today

I dropped by my LGS to grab some 9mm on the cheap (decent sale) and did my customary walk around to see what was in the cases.

There in the case was sitting a brandy-new Dan Wesson 715 .357 Mag with a 6" barrel. The clerk noticed me looking and asked what I thought. I said it looked well made. I asked him what the gun came with and he said "what you see is what you get".

Yikes... The sticker was $1,099 and no extra barrels or grips or anything

Might be a bit to rich for me , especially when there is a brand new S&W 586 sitting next to it for over $300 less and a Wiley Clapp GP100 for over $400 less. Not to mention a whole slew of other fine revolvers all for less.

Does anyone plan on buying one, or are you like me.. cool to look at it, but give it a pass?
Old April 6, 2014, 06:37 PM   #2
nc-oldfart

I am not happy with CZ prices with the DW revolver. Sad fact that it is costing them sales . I would pay what a SS 686 goes for but seeing how CZ sells the dw 1911 for more than comparable 1911's what can be expected. If it shoots as well as my group of 35 year old dw revolvers shoots its a better handgun than ether the s&w or ruger. A Better shooter with the option of barrels and accessories from EWKarms and grips from Hogue and LB Customs.

I have been a DW revolver shooter since 1976 when I bought my first one . You can still find the occasional hardly used pistol pack from the mid '70's to early '80's for the same ar less a new CZ 715 or less money and nice revolvers with no extras for 400 to 500.
Old April 6, 2014, 09:09 PM   #3
begeberg

At that price...

They won't be around long. Too bad, I enjoy my model 15 8 inch and would love to have one in SS, but not at that price.