The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 19, 2009, 07:51 AM   #1
troy_mclure

h4227 for 10mm?

anybody got any 10mm loads using h4227?
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old November 19, 2009, 08:07 AM   #2
Sevens

Can't say that I've ever seen or heard of it.
If you are the first, report back!

Meanwhile, it seems most folks get top velocity out of IMR-800X. Myself, I've not used it. I get great results from Alliant Power Pistol. I've used Blue Dot and AA#7 also. Some folks have experimented with Lil' Gun and 2400, but were left wanting.
Old November 19, 2009, 11:59 AM   #3
troy_mclure

the only pistol powders i have is bullseye, universal clays, and h4227.

the h4227 is a magnum powder, may burn too slow for 10mm, but its used for .357-.454 & .50ae
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old November 19, 2009, 01:03 PM   #4
CowTowner

I use BlueDot and PowerPistol for my 10mm loads.
I get the 180 grain TCFM bullets from http://www.rozedist.com
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy