The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 27, 2009, 01:23 AM   #1
ADIDAS69

Check out this sick noise

Sorry for the crap picture. I had to show off my upgraded P22 carry piece though. Blade is made by K-Bar and needed some shortening of the hilt to fit the small frame. P22 frame is plastic and so is the K-Bar; forward jab on a melon worked OK but side slice knocked it right off. Notice the JB Welb, I still have to paint it black to match. Note also the design of the sheath, it is easily flicked off with your thumb. Its big brothers are a pair of CZ SP-01 75 Tacticals with the CZ Tactical block and bayonets. what.jpg
Old October 27, 2009, 01:30 AM   #2
teeroux

I don't know about the noise but you are right looking at that does make me sick.

It is very ninja though.
Old October 27, 2009, 02:04 AM   #3
ADIDAS69

More than Ten

Yeah one of my fellow range rats thinks I am crazy for permanently attaching it. I figure if there are more than ten of what ever it is I am dealing with I can get up close and personal. The best part is that it doesn't mess up the accuracy. On the CZ's at 75 ft. their bayonets increased my groups by about an two inchs. but they're bayonet is a bit longer.

http://www.ghostholster.com/cz_folder/images/SP01.jpg
Old October 27, 2009, 08:34 AM   #4
griz

Have you considered adding a grenade launcher and a cell phone?
Old October 27, 2009, 09:07 AM   #5
Hardcase

Aww, come on griz, a cell phone would be dumb.
Old October 27, 2009, 09:11 AM   #6
ZeSpectre

Quote:
sick noise
I...have nothing. <walks away> ( )
Old October 27, 2009, 11:04 AM   #7
ADIDAS69

Like DR. Moreau and junk

As to the cell phone i purchased a pair of head phones that wirelessly* link to my iphone and whose ear inserts actually work as ear protection so i can take calls while shooting. Don't know if you all have read "snow crash" but i am admittedly feeling like a gargoyle.

I am sure everyone will be happy to know that the afore diplayed P22 will be put to rest as soon as the new PK380's hit the stores

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...3326&training=

Regrettably i will more than likely get a bayonet for it too. On the plus side with the 380 I can stop having arguments over the lethality of the 22LR round that usually end in me suggesting that the unbeliever "...stand about 75 ft. down range, and tell me if you feel it..."

*I know we are supposed to use the "kings" but it should be a word.
Old October 27, 2009, 11:23 AM   #8
teeroux

I think your standoff devise on the CZ needs to be a bit longer that way when you run someone through with the bayonet it won't damage your light.

Last edited by teeroux; October 27, 2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old October 27, 2009, 11:28 AM   #9
Willie Lowman

Sick noise... The sounds that come from the bathroom when someone is struggling with projectile vomit and explosive diarrhea at the same time.
Old October 27, 2009, 12:48 PM   #10
griz

Quote:
Aww, come on griz, a cell phone would be dumb
Sorry, I don't know what I was thinkin'. I meant a GPS receiver.
Old October 27, 2009, 03:24 PM   #11
Sam06

how about one of these

Required for all Ninja's
Old October 27, 2009, 06:10 PM   #12
MTT TL

Given the manufactured "ammo crisis" is still ongoing it makes a bit of sense.
Old October 27, 2009, 06:28 PM   #13
ADIDAS69

Crisis indeed

While I have to admit the addition of the bayonet has more to do with my being a fourteen year old trapped in a thirty one year body. The ammo crisis is a good point; though I can throw a knife properly I don't think I'll be practicing throwing my poor P22. If anyone does follow in my foot steps note two things; I had to cut the hilt by about 3/4 of an inch, and on top of the JB Weld I had to sharpen the blade apparently KBar doesn't have much faith in their potential clientele.
Old October 27, 2009, 06:28 PM   #14
Bigjim3

With the price of ammo these days its not a bad idea.. the battering ram or the knife.. Pretty cool..
Jesus according to Luke:22:36: Then said he unto them, ,,,,,, and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one......... Thomas Jefferson: "No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
Old October 27, 2009, 06:58 PM   #15
1goodshot

Do you Mexican carry that thing?
Old October 27, 2009, 07:02 PM   #16
5whiskey

Quote:
On the CZ's at 75 ft. their bayonets increased my groups by about an two inchs. but they're bayonet is a bit longer.
Are the Bayos permenantly attached to the CZs?

Other than that... just... wow. Nice man
Old October 27, 2009, 07:32 PM   #17
ADIDAS69

5 whiskey

The bayonets on the CZ's are removeable. The "tactical" blocks also extend the pic. Rail so that a flashlight/laser could be attahed. Note that the CZ Custom shop online is the place to order their bayonets, they are of course sold at present. This bayonet is tech. Removable save for the JB Weld; without the epoxy it is still very effective for a forward jab. It is strictly the side slice that requires the epoxy. Also the CZ blocks are metal.

No I don't work for CZ or KBar in case anyone was wondering. I build/used to build houses for a living though now have considerable time on my hands.
Old October 27, 2009, 07:41 PM   #18
ADIDAS69

1 good shot

I have to admit to ignorance ragarding "Mexican carry". Five years ago I stopped wearing trosers and opted for kilts only; not because of my heritage but for mobilty and air conditioning and endless opurtunity to make jokes about my "junk". The kilts are prvided by Utilikilt and the pockets are actually perfectly sized for this weapon config. Though I am trying to get them to make me one that has magnetic snaps on the front and a holster instead of a "sporan"/crotch pouch.
Old October 27, 2009, 08:42 PM   #19
armoredman

I am wondering what being sick and making noise has to do with it all. The CZ bayonet was made as a joke originally, but people still want them, so they keep making that's cool, probably would be a great candidate for some sort of urban GunKote camo finish.
Old October 27, 2009, 11:26 PM   #20
ADIDAS69

More noisey sickness

Just picked this bad boy up from MPA (master piece arms), had to polish up the feed ramp with yea'olde Roto Zip but she shoots 30 45 ACP rounds in a nice 11"X17" group at 100 yrds. the laser in front of the scope is set for 30 yrds and doesn't effect the scope at all.

armoredman: in this case the use of the term "sick" is a positive reference to how exited i am about my new toys and has the double meaning of referencing my wife's consideration that my intense and enthusiastic predilection for firearms could be described as a sickness. In this case not one that i wish to be cured of.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Againwiththenoise.jpg (215.7 KB, 56 views)
Old October 28, 2009, 12:26 AM   #21
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Five years ago I stopped wearing trosers and opted for kilts only; not because of my heritage but for mobilty and air conditioning
A friend of my father's worked for customs in Lockerbie in the late 1970's. Part of the security detail involved making guys in kilts walk over mirrors to check for concealed weapons. I was too young to ask then, and he's passed away now, but I'd really like to know how he managed to pull the short straw on that assignment.

In any case, your noise is quite sick, sir. You've certainly got a unique sense of style.
Old October 28, 2009, 01:45 AM   #22
ADIDAS69

Mr. Servo

Thank you kindly; as a young man my father instructed me to always opt for the strangely attractive girl at the party, not the hooker or the fatty, but the one that clearly takes care of her self but doesn't feel bad about not being "pretty". I apply this same theory to firearms and most the other gear i buy. You can always pay for the best, but when you have the opportunity to invent and modify, then its not yours. Its like Linux.

"Shoes and socks!" (fist clenched and thrust into the air). I get to go see my sister in AZ over Christmas, it'll be my first time flying since the kilting. I am hoping for the aggressive African American gal for my screaner. The one that would normally be sweat and just gettin through the week but isn't going to take any crap from some crazy cracker in a dress.