The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 14, 2008, 02:03 PM   #1
shop20

Phoenix USA Gunlocker instructions

Does anyone out there have an owners manual for a Gunlocker wall safe? I just bought an unused one from a neighbor, but it is missing the instructions.
I need to know how to set the combination, battery charging information, and how to set the alarm options.

Thanks!
Old August 19, 2008, 12:32 PM   #2
kbatmast

Phoenix in wall safe owner's manual

I've got one. It's a one sheet (legal size) two sided instructions sheet. You can email me at [email protected] and I can send you a copy.

Charging battery: Plug your charger into the hole on the front, bottom right corner of the Gunlocker and plug it into the wall. Charge for 8 hours for a full charge (do not exceed 8 hours, damage can occur to battery).

Programming the keypad: At first power up, the codes that come preprogrammed are as follows:
Master: 1234 (enter)
user 1: disabled
user 2: disabled
user 3: disabled

The master code is always required to make any changes to the master code or user codes. If you forget the master code, you won't be able to change any user codes w/o using the bypass mode. you have the capability of entering 4 separate individual codes (1 master, 3 user codes). to program new master code, use the key to open the gunlocker. look into the right side and you will see two illuminated yellow diodes. centered between these diodes is a black programming button. with the door open, enter the master code 1234 and press Enter, then press the black programming button and release. you will hear a series of descending tones (you now have 13 seconds to complete the following). enter your new master code (can be 4-8 digits long) then press enter. you will hear a series of ascending confirmation tones. if you make a mistake programming, both the tamper and low battery lights will flash and the speaker will beep. just start over if this happens.

To program user codes: open locker with key, enter master code, press Enter, then press the programming button and release. you will hear the descending tones. Press 1 (or 2, or 3, whichever user code you're programming), Enter, then input your 4-8 digit user code, Enter. You will hear ascending confirmation tones.

Bypass mode: to reset all codes back to original "at first power up": Open the safe with the key, then Press the Programming button 5 times.

Keyboard mute: Push 9, then Enter, to resume sound, do it again.

The rest of the "instructions" include a little troubleshooting, maintenance and some amplifying instructions on what I paraphrased above. Good luck.

Keith