The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 31, 2013, 07:54 AM   #1
2damnold4this

Biden Wrong on Police Deaths

We all know that Biden and Feinstein were using misinformation but maybe this article by Fact Check will help convince people that don't follow the issue:

link

In an online interview promoted by the White House, Vice President Joe Biden made the false claim that “there were fewer police being murdered … when the assault weapons ban, in fact, was in existence.” But the FBI statistics on killings of law enforcement officers show no such trend....
Old January 31, 2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

When they make a mistake, it's "misinformation." When they lie, and they know full well that they are lying, it's "DISinformation."
Old January 31, 2013, 09:19 AM   #3
adamc

Biden & "F" wrong ?????

OMG say it isn't so

Rugs come to mind

I wounder if "F" knows that Joe touched a double barrel shotgun ?
Wouldn't THAT make him part of the Enemy ?

* Disclaimer * ** I do NOT in any way wish to downplay , diminish or
'Dis' any of the brave LEO's who were fallen in the line of duty..
My hearts out to their families.

Connecticut was the Cradle of the Gun Industry, NOW it is just a Pine Box,
Courtesy of our Governor "Chairman MAO Malloy"
Old January 31, 2013, 10:01 AM   #4
Slamfire

Quote:
When they make a mistake, it's "misinformation." When they lie, and they know full well that they are lying, it's "DISinformation."
Absolutely right. I highly recommend reading Edward Bernay's book "Propaganda". http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/bernprop.html Although written in 1928 it is timeless.

Successful propaganda does not have to be truthful, it just has to work for the time frame needed. The antigunners have a short time period to ram through gun bans, such as Como in New York, so they are going to do the most they can to create negative impressions about guns and gun ownership.

Ok, so the VP lied. Hundreds of millions saw his lie, it was on National Media, and hundreds of millions believe what he said because he is an authority figure, a celebrity. Saturate the public with enough lies in a short enough period and you can get any legislation you want through Congress.

Anyone remember that bit about “weapons of mass destruction” and Saddam Hussein? I still run into people who believe that Saddam stashed nukies and chemical weapons out in the desert sands of Iraq, and they are still beneath the sand dunes.
Old January 31, 2013, 10:33 AM   #5
wingman

Quote:
Successful propaganda does not have to be truthful, it just has to work for the time frame needed. The antigunners have a short time period to ram through gun bans, such as Como in New York, so they are going to do the most they can to create negative impressions about guns and gun ownership.
Bingo, have the left wing media say it over and over so it becomes truth to the unknowing general public. We're living in a world of misinformation it's up to the individual to sort out the truth and certainly in my mind mainstream media is not there for America nor Joe average.
Old January 31, 2013, 10:38 AM   #6
Woody55

Mark Twain is supposed to have said something like, "If you don't read the news you are uninformed. If you do read the news you are misinformed."

So this isn't anything new. You just have to deal with it.
Old January 31, 2013, 10:42 AM   #7
PawPaw

Joe "The Sheriff" Biden misinformed? Who'd a thunk it?

That's the problem when you have a complicit media. Politicians can get away with saying anything.

On a more personal note, I lost two good police officers that I directly supervised during the assault weapons ban. I lost one to a .22 revolver, and I lost one to a knife.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old January 31, 2013, 10:56 AM   #8
Gaerek

Quote:
I wounder if "F" knows that Joe touched a double barrel shotgun ?
Wouldn't THAT make him part of the Enemy ?
The really sad part, is that "F" has a California CCW permit, and has admitted to carrying for protection. She is her own enemy...or something.
Old January 31, 2013, 11:17 AM   #9
PawPaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaerek
The really sad part, is that "F" has a California CCW permit, and has admitted to carrying for protection. She is her own enemy...or something.
After watching her gun-handling skills on the floor of the Senate, it appears that she's everyone's worst enemy.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old January 31, 2013, 11:23 AM   #10
Patriot86

Honestly the second they put Joe "I could mess up a snow cone" Biden as the point man for Gun Control i felt a little bit better. They said Bush was not very well spoken, Biden makes Bush look like Plato!

Last edited by Patriot86; January 31, 2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old January 31, 2013, 11:41 AM   #11
Alabama Shooter

Quote:
Honestly the second they put Joe "I could mess up a snow cone" Biden as the point man for Gun Control i felt a little bit better
I did too. Don't "misunderestimate" his chief power which is his emotional goofiness. I think that is why they put him there to try to keep the issue emotional. So long as people have their brains switched off he can be effective.
Old February 1, 2013, 12:06 PM   #12
Glenn E. Meyer

We don't need to start an Iraq misinformation and stupid decision thread. Thus, those posts were deleted.

BTW - talking to an LEO yesterday as he showed me his duty AR - he thought the AWB was baloney.