The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old February 27, 2000, 09:14 PM   #1
Gunslinger

The date/time of the last post made on a forum/topic are not updating for me. In example, the last post I currently show for any forum is yesterday, 02/26/00. The folders are not display that new post have been made to a thread since my last vist either.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.
Old February 28, 2000, 12:44 AM   #2
Gunslinger

Never mind, problem solved.
Tomorrow I plan to have a priest out to perform an exorcism on this computer.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.
Old February 28, 2000, 03:43 AM   #3
fastforty

You need to call the Cookie Monster!!
Really, sounds like a cookie wasn't recognized.
Old February 28, 2000, 06:35 AM   #4
Gunslinger

I believe you are correct. I thought I had resolved the problem, however it is now back. I had gotten the "buddy list" virus, something which one would have thought impossible in my case, as I have no buddies, and was forced to delete AOL 5.0. When it comes to computers some where out there in a land not too distant there is a village desperately searching for their idiot and that idiot is I, your very own Gunslinger. After three days of shere computer induced hell of struggling in my severly limited computer knowledge I managed to eliminate the virus and damge it had caused from my system and reload 5.0. But alas I fear that I have in fact, as you so aptly pointed out, lost my cookies........and at my age, perish the thought. Now I know not whether to consult with a computer tech in an attempt to correct the problems or merely take down my trusting Fanny Farmer cook book that has served me so well and prevented my total starvation through my many divorces and simply bake a new batch.
And now to further compound matters it would appear, as anyone can see, that the computer battle has taken its' tole on my sanity as well and I have become, as Bruce and HS from the land of Oz would say, daft.
Life was so much more simple when there were no computers and I wiled away the hours shooting guns rather than visting the cyber world to "talk" about them.

------------------
Gunslinger

Old February 28, 2000, 09:46 AM   #5
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Gunslinger,

I would recommend "tossing your cookies," that is, deleting all your firingline.com related cookies and then re-entering TFL through the front door http://www.thefiringline.com .

This should help. If not, I would recommend that you sacrifice an entire 15 piece bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken to the computer gods, stand up, turn around three times, spit over your left shoulder, sit down and restart your computer. Oh, and don't forget, Lather, rinse, repeat.

Good Luck!

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website
Old March 2, 2000, 11:36 AM   #6
Gunslinger

BluesMan I tried your suggestion and it worked. Thank you for the help in preserving what (very) little sanity I had remaining.
Now, however, I have a huge vet bill from the wolf devoring one of the discarded chicken bones and a greesy keyboard. Oh well, at least I'm back on TFL and feel more than a little refreshed after all that rinsing.

------------------
Gunslinger